Fiverr Community Forum

Skeptical about request from buyer

Hello Fiverr community,

My name is Bryan and I’m a professional voice talent.
I’m rather new to Fiverr, I’ve done a couple jobs so far on the platform and everything has been fine.

I recently received a message from someone that stated he needs a voice over for his Anime channel. At first all communication seemed just fine. However, he stated he wants me to provide him with a audition of the script… in full. I told him I’m more than happy to pronounce any words and do a couple minute read. However, doing the full script for you with no order is too excessive.

My gut tells me that this is completely suspect. Why would i do the whole job for no money or order as a audition just to make sure i can pronounce names correctly. ( in his defense anime names can be hard to pronounce)

Looking for some feedback. Oh, and when I go to search the user I can’t find him. In my opinion it’s a scam to get me to do the work for free.

3 Likes

I think it’s a scam too. If I were you, don’t do it. They could have just asked you to just pronounce the names if they wanted to hear if you could do it corectly

2 Likes

What do you mean you can’t find the user? Did they delete their account? Regardless, I’d say you avoid working with him, listen to your gut feeling!

1 Like

When i type the user name into the search function, nothing pulls up. The user has no profile picture either.

1 Like

If you really want to see their profile, try to directly change the URL: fiver-dot-com-slash-username
I doubt you’ll find much information, though.

Honestly, I agree that this buyer is demanding too much.
As for something to consider:: So You Want to Hire a Writer - Should You ask for Samples? (I am aware that this is a different category, but there’s still a LOT of good points to consider.)

2 Likes

An audio audition in full? Your instincts are right - tell him you’re happy to provide a - 15 second! - test audio for [whatever you charge for that] … but no full script reading without being paid.

1 Like

Thank you for your time and response. I appreciate it.

Thank you. You’re right, way too demanding.

thank you…