Fiverr Community Forum

Skills Test Removal (Some tests)

We wanted to update you that we have decided to remove many of the skill tests from our platform and moving forward will be using a select few.

Any of the tests not mentioned below will no longer be shown in your profile and you will no longer be able to take them.

We regularly evaluate our products and features to ensure we have the best buying and selling experience and will continue to update you as we make changes. Please note that this won’t affect your Gig performance in any way.

For more information, please see this Help Center article.

Here is the list of skills that will remain:

• U.S English Basic Test
  • Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • WordPress 4.1
  • Social Media Marketing Test
  • Microsoft Excel
  • Content Writing
  • English Language (Words and Phrases)
  • Adobe After Effects
  • Virtual Assistant
  • CSS 3
  • SEO Skill Assessment
  • HTML 5
  • Customer Service
  • Analytical Skills
  • German Grammar
  • Spanish Grammar
  • French Grammar
  • Italian Grammar
28 Likes

Surely that means there will be lots of services now (or more) without a relevant skill test to show the sellers’ skills in their service? So surely it will make it harder for buyers to judge which sellers have the best (or better) skills in those subjects. I thought Fiver might update the tests at some point so there’d be more for more types of services/tests that are more up-to-date than before.

If cost is an issue, couldn’t Fiverr create cheaper alternatives (eg. without using any third party) and still have a lot more tests than the above list? Maybe Fiverr sellers could create or help with the creation of alternate skills tests?

4 Likes

If losing badges doesn’t affect gig performance guaranteed, does gaining badges increase gig performance? :thinking: (Other than if the buyer thinks “Cool badge! This guy must know their stuff, I’ll try them out!”) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting! I’ve forgotten about these tests. :hushed:

The only tests that are useful for my niche are U.S English Basic Test, English Language, and Customer Service. Although, I wish there were other languages grammar added such as ARABIC.

2 Likes

The help page linked from the first post says

We have seen that the following tests have had the most impact on seller profiles.

Doesn’t that suggest that other tests (that have now been removed) also had some impact on seller profiles? How would that impact on seller profiles be measured? By profile views/clicks? Does it have no impact at all on orders (and has that been checked for - eg. surely a high score in a relevant test - (related to a seller’s gig) would have some impact on orders related to that)?

1 Like

Interesting find UK. Things that make ya go hmm. :thinking:

So, my question is when did this action take place, TODAY and we’re just now hearing about it? Remember a lot of Sellers do not visit this forum, I think sending out a mass email would be ideal to give Sellers a heads up.

1 Like

I received an email about it today (that I assume was sent to many people) edit: at 16:28. That was only after people had been writing about skill test results having been removed from their profile on another forum thread.

1 Like

Personally, I’m glad to see them go. I would rather see site bug fixes at this point over adding new features.

3 Likes

Eh, I won’t go as far as to say I was a fan of the tests, however, I had high scores on the tests I did take.

1 Like

Bye bye German Words, German Vocabulary, English to German and German Spelling…

Got good scores on some of them, but some of them where really faulty. Wasn´t possible to get 100% on them…

But okay - it was just a Beta.

1 Like

I’ve mixed feelings. I’ve had issue with the tests themselves, but I have taken the time to do some of them. Loosing the results does hurt a bit.

3 Likes

i have received an email about this, i am sad a little bit because 2 of my tests were deleted.

1 Like

That WordPress 4.1 test is on a version that’s so old I can barely remember it. It would be nice to have a test on a much more recent version

3 Likes

Maybe when it says “the following tests have had the most impact on seller profiles” they might just mean they were the tests that were taken the most by sellers (more test results shown on profiles for those tests than any other tests) - assuming they don’t mean it’s something to do with views/clicks/etc.

3 Likes

The sad thing about it is that these tests aren’t foolproof.

2 Likes

:thinking: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :face_with_thermometer: So difficult to tell if they won’t specify …

1 Like

Is there any platform for prepare test.

There might be some Fiverr courses that are related to the test you want to take. Though most of those aren’t free.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @uk1000

1 Like

Applause!! Follow UW and get rid of them all.

3 Likes