Skills Test Removal (Some tests)

mjensen415

We wanted to update you that we have decided to remove many of the skill tests from our platform and moving forward will be using a select few.

Any of the tests not mentioned below will no longer be shown in your profile and you will no longer be able to take them.

We regularly evaluate our products and features to ensure we have the best buying and selling experience and will continue to update you as we make changes. Please note that this won’t affect your Gig performance in any way.

For more information, please see this Help Center article.

Here is the list of skills that will remain:

• U.S English Basic Test
  • Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • WordPress 4.1
  • Social Media Marketing Test
  • Microsoft Excel
  • Content Writing
  • English Language (Words and Phrases)
  • Adobe After Effects
  • Virtual Assistant
  • CSS 3
  • SEO Skill Assessment
  • HTML 5
  • Customer Service
  • Analytical Skills
  • German Grammar
  • Spanish Grammar
  • French Grammar
  • Italian Grammar

Surely that means there will be lots of services now (or more) without a relevant skill test to show the sellers’ skills in their service? So surely it will make it harder for buyers to judge which sellers have the best (or better) skills in those subjects. I thought Fiver might update the tests at some point so there’d be more for more types of services/tests that are more up-to-date than before.

If cost is an issue, couldn’t Fiverr create cheaper alternatives (eg. without using any third party) and still have a lot more tests than the above list? Maybe Fiverr sellers could create or help with the creation of alternate skills tests?

The help page linked from the first post says

We have seen that the following tests have had the most impact on seller profiles.

Doesn’t that suggest that other tests (that have now been removed) also had some impact on seller profiles? How would that impact on seller profiles be measured? By profile views/clicks? Does it have no impact at all on orders (and has that been checked for - eg. surely a high score in a relevant test - (related to a seller’s gig) would have some impact on orders related to that)?

Surely that means there will be lots of services now (or more) without a relevant skill test to show the sellers’ skills in their service? So surely it will make it harder for buyers to judge which sellers have the best (or better) skills in those subjects. I thought Fiver might update the tests at some point so there’d be more for more types of services/tests that are more up-to-date than before.

If cost is an issue, couldn’t Fiverr create cheaper alternatives (eg. without using any third party) and still have a lot more tests than the above list? Maybe Fiverr sellers could create or help with the creation of alternate skills tests?

Interesting find UK. Things that make ya go hmm. :thinking:

So, my question is when did this action take place, TODAY and we’re just now hearing about it? Remember a lot of Sellers do not visit this forum, I think sending out a mass email would be ideal to give Sellers a heads up.

Interesting find UK. Things that make ya go hmm. :thinking:

So, my question is when did this action take place, TODAY and we’re just now hearing about it? Remember a lot of Sellers do not visit this forum, I think sending out a mass email would be ideal to give Sellers a heads up.

I received an email about it today (that I assume was sent to many people) edit: at 16:28. That was only after people had been writing about skill test results having been removed from their profile on another forum thread.

Maybe when it says “the following tests have had the most impact on seller profiles” they might just mean they were the tests that were taken the most by sellers (more test results shown on profiles for those tests than any other tests) - assuming they don’t mean it’s something to do with views/clicks/etc.

Maybe when it says “the following tests have had the most impact on seller profiles” they might just mean they were the tests that were taken the most by sellers (more test results shown on profiles for those tests than any other tests) - assuming they don’t mean it’s something to do with views/clicks/etc.

The sad thing about it is that these tests aren’t foolproof.

Aw you just have nine tests left. It looked to me you had taken most of them.

But you still have 49 skills listed.

Maybe you’re seeing a cached copy. Try ctrl F5 or removing website cache. It only shows me 9 max now unless viewing Google’s cached copy, since Fiverr’s deletion (today?). 9 in public preview mode when logged in, 8 when logged in in normal mode. 9 When logged off.

edit: Skills yes you’re right, and it’s kept the green tick of most of them.

Surely that means there will be lots of services now (or more) without a relevant skill test to show the sellers’ skills in their service? So surely it will make it harder for buyers to judge which sellers have the best (or better) skills in those subjects.

I’m sorry @uk1000 but the tests have never been a reflection on seller competency and buyers know it. There are so many flaws with them it’s crazy. Upwerk scrapped these months ago and I predicted it was only a matter of time until Fiverr did too.

You put a lot of value in these, but buyers don’t. Surveys also show this. In this case, it wouldn’t be in Fiverr’s interest to pilot a new round of tests. Especially not in the soon to be Fall Out 3 economy.

Archived