Skype lessons, but outside communication forbidden?

metinb

After I created my gigs, providing s***e lessons in physics, I started reading here and got worried. Fiverr doesn’t want any outside communication, no email, no s***e. However, that seems somewhat problematic considering my gigs require outside communication 🙂 Since there are plenty of people offering s***e lessons here, clearly there is a way. However, the mental picture I have now is me typing “Hey, here’s my s***e name, see you on Monday” and some bot coming along telling me “Your account is suspended, have a nice day”. And then the customer service madness begins … Any tips on how I can avoid this scenario? How do the more experienced sellers handle this?

Make a gig which states about your s***e tutoring.
You can add your s***e in requirement page… and when someone orders they will get your s***e and they can contact you.
you can then contact customer support and tell them that your gig needs s***e username exchange and if they publish your gig, you can sell without worrying about demotion and all 😃

I would say I do understand the rules, but it seems that Fiverr tolerates the s***e lessons to some extent despite the TOS forbidding outside communication. If they didn’t, there wouldn’t be any tutoring or language gigs on Fiverr and that would be a loss for them.

Excellent idea, I will contact them and make a screenshot of the conversation for later use! I have to contact them anyways since none of my gigs appear in the search or the category … Might as well throw my question in.

In my industry, being able to live-chat with a cient is mandatory sometimes. That’s why having the ability to connect via ISDN, SourceConnect, SessionLink Pro, Hangouts, s***e or else is a standard in every decent recording studio.
I haven’t had to do so yet, but I wouldn’t hesitate to offer remote supervision if needed/requested by the client as that’s industry standard, and Fiverr’s tools (unlike other services such as Bodalgo with BodalgoCall) do not enable us to do so.

Archived