SKYPE with buyer?

I offer career advice…

Are we allowed to SKYPE? I get a red flag by FIVERR when I type SKYPE, but I see some sellers offer it?

Any guidance in this ( or telephone meeting?)…

Thanks,

Mark

@madmoo is totally right of course. I’ve always understood that we can’t use any other communication platforms besides Fiverr. That includes phone, email, OR video chat services like Skype.

How cool would it be for Fiverr to offer its own internal video chat feature?

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks, madmoo!

Reply to @madmoo: So, I don’t get it. I have 3 gigs in which I use Skype to give my clients a private lesson. After they will order a gig, I would contact them through Fiverr to arrange a meeting via Skype. Could I do this?

Reply to @madmoo:

God to know. Thanks!

As I stated in another gig, give them a heads up with a ticket and they mark your gig for you if they review it. Sometimes Skype or other info is required for the job you offer in the gig. Especially if you are a consultant or along those lines.

Other information such as log ins for web sites, emails to update or create accounts for folks on some traffic pushing sites etc. this is al cleared through Customer Support .

heck skyping during teamviewer sessions are also needed sometimes.

Send a support ticket in requesting permission and for them to view your gig details and that usually works.

As the TOS clearly states:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

under basics “Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.”

I was just wondering about this as well! I have an online class gig too, in fact there is a whole category for online classes. Do you think gigs in this category are automatically approved to pass skype details? I have noticed that whenever I update something for this gig (e.g. the photos) it goes back to pending approval instead of being active immediately, which is what happens with the other gigs I have. I guess I will see what happens when I receive the first order for this gig!

Reply to @madmoo: Thank you. I think everything works fine if you are using it this way. I just need to add instructions to my customers.

Thank you all. I appreciate the help with my SKYPE questions. Mark