Fiverr Community Forum

Slow month for voice overs :(

Aw man, haven’t had a month this slow since I took 2 weeks off for my wedding over the summer. It’s been brutal.

I haven’t had a unique order in over a week. The only orders I’ve had are paid revisions from previous clients.

I’ve made less than 50% this month as I did last month.

I also just bought a car last week (I had to for my day job) so this isn’t a great time to have a dip in my sales. Poo :frowning:

4 Likes

Congratulation for your new life journey, and don’t worry about the orders. Your’re productive and people needs productivity. once you’ve got free to focus on your work, you will start getting your orders again.

1 Like

Fiverr is still my full-time job, so hoping it picks up again soon!

1 Like

I hope so too, i am more worried that Christmas is coming and this is my first year here so i do not know about sales in those days but peoples say that sales goes down in those days.:sob:

2 Likes

Awww! please don’t cry. It happens in every part of life. a small ups and downs are very usual. I guaranteed people will never stop buying and you will have your sales again. Just be ready for your next orders. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks. ( 20 characters )

1 Like

That is quite scary when you are a freelancer and that happens.
Over the years of being a freelancer you are learning that you should never rely on just one single platform. Their algorithms can change, they might not invest into marketing and get less interested buyers. A lot of things can happen.
Not even taking into account that fiverr rotating gigs or just reducing impressions. E.g my gig is always on a first page but from time to time I have months where fiverr deciding to show my gig less. For me it seems as a slow month where for others it might be the best month.

Try to diverse and build other streams of income

5 Likes

It is quite slow.

Very little new stuff coming in generally

1 Like

People are picky with the voices they hire, and they have a lot to choose from. Maybe you should create other gigs not related to VO work.

1 Like

I have multiple day jobs other than Fiverr (I’m a nanny), but times are hard and my husband and I still struggle with money. I make minimum wage at my other jobs which isn’t a liveable wage so Fiverr has helped us get out of financial slumps.

1 Like

That may be a good shout. I’ll have a think about my other skills (if I have any :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that.
Are you based in London? If so then I’ll be happy to look at your CV and refer you to some of my fellow recruiters if they have similar jobs open.

2 Likes

It’s quite slow for the other categories as well… :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe you can be a VO coach, teach others how to do what you do. Or if you can edit audio, you could offer that. Not to mention writing VO scripts, if you can do that.

1 Like

Why don’t you or your husband try for a real estate business, I think this can go along with your current jobs. I’ve seen few videos of Tom Ferry on youtube. He really good in realty coaching. and the most important thing is, you can start from zero.

First of all congratulations on your great & new journey. Have a happy life. This is the common problem, that sales get down in November & December. :slight_smile:

The attrition rates for realtors is about 80%. Real estate school will cost you around $500, in addition to about $500 you need to join the MLS. Then you’re going to be cold calling like crazy to get clients.

I’m just saying there are easier ways for someone to find out if they like selling stuff. A car salesman only needs a driver’s license, so why not see if one enjoys selling cars before tackling real estate?

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback from y’all but I’d never consider going into sales. I despise customer service as it is, Fiverr is pretty much the most I can handle :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not looking for a career change everybody, but thanks for your friendly suggestions. I’m happy as a nanny, I just need to find a more stable position in that line of work and I’d love if my sales picked up soon on Fiverr :slight_smile: I’ve had off-months before, hopefully this one passes.

2 Likes

I’m not, but I’m not too far from London and would consider commuting for auditions or working from home for a London-based job if that was a possibility. If the job was big enough I would consider relocating.