Sneaky Buyer trying to take advantages without booking. BUMMER

jessiechiu2000

1640504938_ScreenShot2020-08-19at13_53_06.png.80145658f2da776a0b162d28c1c61eb1.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 13.53.06598×636 45.9 KB

Just had this situation with this guy. He sent me a short audio clip and asked if I can fix it for him in the message, and he will consider if he wants to let me do the mixing. He didn’t book me for anything. I was concerning that he just want me to do the fix for free, so I sent back a mp3 instead of wav. After that, he really didnt show up anymore. I feel very uncomfortable with that. SCAM.

Anybody had similar experience?

Just had this situation with this guy. He sent me a short audio clip and asked if I can fix it for him in the message, and he will consider if he wants to let me do the mixing. He didn’t book me for anything. I was concerning that he just want me to do the fix for free, so I sent back a mp3 instead of wav. After that, he really didnt show up anymore. I feel very uncomfortable with that. SCAM.

of course,almost daily 🙂

Never work upfront , simply say no

You should have added “audiojungle” every 10 seconds in the mp3 you have sent. That would really make him feel extra special… 😃

I agree - some audio watermark could have been added to the sample so it can’t be used (though you don’t want an audiojungle one). Maybe a beep every few seconds or some other audio the OP creates.

I was concerning that he just want me to do the fix for free, so I sent back a mp3 instead of wav. After that, he really didnt show up anymore. I feel very uncomfortable with that. SCAM.

So YOU sent the work for free and HE is a scam?

all you had to do is to say “great, I can fix it. It will be my this gig package for x$”.

Archived