Fiverr Forum

So Disappointed

I’m so disappointed. My first time using fiverr and I found a designer for my book cover that I liked his work. Contacted him before ordering to make sure the graphic I wanted to use was okay and to make sure for what all I wanted, I listed what I needed to order. He confirmed the graphic was fine, so I placed the order. I paid extra for the fast delivery. It’s now 24 hours past his “deadline” and I have received no correspondence, even though I’ve contacted him twice. I’m so disappointed and unsure if I should cancel the order. I haven’t found another designer whose work is comparable with my other books.

I would cancel since you paid for extra fast delivery and the seller isn’t even replying.

Does it really matter how good he is (or how good you think is) if he doesn’t deliver. Request a cancellation and watch what happens.

Sorry that happened. Ask for a cancellation and get a refund.

Check his profile and look at his response time and also his last deliver. See if there’s activity, if so, then the seller might be intentionally ignoring your messages. But let’s not all be quick to judge. It’s hard to find good quality talent here and I know that as a buyer myself, and from a seller point of view, there might be reasons. I’m sorry that it happened to you but just request for a cancellation and try to contact the person, the seller might have already started working on it then I guess you can just re-order without the extra fast option from him so you won’t feel like you paid extra for nothing. But if you really need something fast, maybe there are others you can order from, and I know looking through a lot of gig profiles is tedious.

Have you tried submitting a buyer request? There might be great designers out there who don’t show up in your searches because they haven’t considered the possibility of designing book covers.

Good luck!

you should look to his Orders In Queue first maybe he was overloaded with it. maybe he need more time.

just a shame you cannot cancel the order - because he/she has not made the deadline and then been able to leave negative feedback because of this. After all they have wasted your time and not fulfilled their part of the contract.

Reply to @googlemaster: Again, allowing buyers to leave feedback on cancelled orders wouldn’t be fair. Sure, the majority of cancellations you’ve dealt with are because the seller has fallen through. The majority of cancellations I’ve dealt with are because a buyer is over-demanding, belligerent, non-responsive, or ordered “by mistake.” What you’re suggesting is removing a seller’s one and only protection.

You’ve had a few bad experiences–that sucks, but the refund that you were issued does affect a seller’s account–just because you personally don’t see it doesn’t mean that the seller isn’t affected. Most sellers, especially the good ones, would rather give you a refund than try to meet a request that they know they can’t meet. Like other sellers have suggested to you, consider messaging sellers before ordering and initiating the cancellations yourself if the seller does not seem to be responsive.

Reply to @emasonwrites:

You’ve had a few bad experiences–that sucks, but the refund that you were issued does affect a seller’s account–just because you personally don’t see it doesn’t mean that the seller isn’t affected.

I so AGREE with you on this emason… :slight_smile:

It’s one thing to have a seller get swamped and tell you they can’t meet the deadline and they’ll do xyz to make up for it. For that, I’d cut them slack. It’s another thing entirely for them to just disappear with no contact. I’d request a cancellation.

I hope they will respond to you soon, maybe something un-expected happened? If not the case, I’m sure you can get refund… I know that doesn’t make up to the loss of illustration though.

Seem’s i’m in the same predicament, if buyers can’t keep up with their deadlines they should say “no” sorry i can’t deliver.