So this is kinda funny

newsmike

I wandered into a thread where everyone was praising and gushing over a seller who had his gig deleted for racist behavior. I suggested that perhaps it is not appropriate to do so, and my post was flagged.

I have officially now seen everything.

92ab3b4d7082ff544c1463b4a0a17311e60b9653.gif

I wandered into a thread where everyone was praising and gushing over a seller who had his gig deleted…

For the record, not 'every’ user was praising or gushing over that seller. As for the flag or flags, it’s a touchy subject! Also, most of it was OT anyway, as the topic was about denied gigs, but that subject is always pointed out, people will never forget what happened.

We are not supposed to talk about this, flagging. Just a heads up since you didn’t know.

We are not supposed to talk about this, flagging. Just a heads up since you didn’t know.

I guess I’ll add it to a long list of things we can’t discuss. But to be fair, there was a long thread defending them, which was not flagged or removed by mods. The instant I suggested that maybe their idea was not so good. Poof I was hit like JFK in Dealey Plaza.

I guess I’ll add it to a long list of things we can’t discuss. But to be fair, there was a long thread defending them, which was not flagged or removed by mods. The instant I suggested that maybe their idea was not so good. Poof I was hit like JFK in Dealey Plaza.

You have a way of bringing up incendiary phrases. I don’t mind just saying that might be what is the problem on the forum.

I think we know how you feel about them.

Don’t take it personally though, the mods are only doing their jobs!

I think the mods are great. They have to react to flags. But it is starting to feel like a safe space at Berkeley here.

That reminds me of Fluffy, my adorable little Hamster that I was delighted to have had as a pet for several months until she had health problems. (She ended up going to a home that takes care of these animals and I’m thankful she wasn’t put down)

That reminds me of Fluffy, my adorable little Hamster that I was delighted to have had as a pet for several months until she had health problems. (She ended up going to a home that takes care of these animals and I’m thankful she wasn’t put down)

Aw, here’s a hug. :hugs:

We get so attached to these furry & amazing pets… They become family and losing them hurts!

I had a 🐰 he lived to be (7) years old. Wish he was here, loved the lil’ guy!

Aw, here’s a hug. :hugs:

We get so attached to these furry & amazing pets… They become family and losing them hurts!

I had a 🐰 he lived to be (7) years old. Wish he was here, loved the lil’ guy!

We become so attached to them. I remember Junior, he was a stray (Or an abandoned) cat. He used to lurk around our house all day, everyday. I remember the first time I left him food and it was all gone when I returned. At times he would end up sleeping in our basement and we felt so hurt making him leave. We loved him so much, but after several months our neighbor came pleading to us and explaining that he was allergic to cat fur! We have not had a cat since but I remember being so emotional when we drove him Two hours away to his new home. We found the home through a neighbor. Once we were there we realized this is the place we want him to be. (It was a couple who lived with over 100 cats!)

@newsmike You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.
I find it difficult to believe you thought it would be allowed so why you now think it was unfairly flagged is a completely a mystery.

If you disagree with Mod actions you are free to complain to CS who will direct it to forum staff (not mods). Should you do so, I suspect it will not go down well when what you posted is seen, considering it is completely against forum rules. Your post is still in a hidden part of the forum so if you like, I can just share it with staff and see if they agree with you.

@newsmike You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.

I find it difficult to believe you thought it would be allowed so why you now think it was unfairly flagged is a completely a mystery.

If you disagree with Mod actions you are free to complain to CS who will direct it to forum staff (not mods). Should you do so, I suspect it will not go down well when what you posted is seen, considering it is completely against forum rules. Your post is still in a hidden part of the forum so if you like, I can just share it with staff and see if they agree with you.

You posted the image of the exact thing which you were complaining about - the image you posted had hate speech in it.

My comment had no hate speech in it, and yet it was hidden. I didn’t even mention the moderators!

Archived