Fiverr Community Forum

So tired of cheap time-wasters that don't read!

They’re all the same - they crash into my messages without so much as a how do you do and immediately start rattling off a list of facts about their store - none of which have anything to do with me, or the services I provide. I’ve gotten smart, so while it may come across as a little brusque, I get my rate into the chat within the first 1-2 responses. Hello there, good afternoon. I’d be happy to help you with that - my rate is X for X words - does that work for your budget?

This guy just kept me in chat hammering out minutiae for 20 minutes across his and “his partner’s” account for 500 descriptions, including discussing with me my taking on a few sub-contractors to handle it in X time for the deadline. Okay, fine, cool - I’ll clear the slate for the next 1-2 weeks and get that sucker done, let’s go.

I quote him: X - 20% for volume x 500 pieces- and he just goes “what?” I repeat myself - it will be $X for 500 descriptions, delivered in X time. “Oh. Never mind then.” Just like that. Poof. Gone. Like, AYFKM? I don’t care if they balk early on, I get budgets and all, but when the first frigging message I send you has my rate and you proceed to waste my time for 20 minutes, yeah, I’m going to be kind of ticked off.

I don’t know what else to do at this point. When I make it super-obvious in my gig and I’m very clear about what I charge from the start in the chat, how am I supposed to prevent these dense, cheapskate people from gumming up my inbox?

3 Likes

Maybe try something like: "HELLO, F***FACE. I CHARGE X DOLLARS (THAT'S USD or $US TO YOU) FOR X AMOUNT OF WORDS. TELL ME YOUR BUDGET AND HOW MANY WORDS OR F*** OFF!"

(I’m obviously joking.) :wink:

1 Like

Yeah then later get banned from Fiverr :wink: