So Tired of Hearing "This Gig was Accidently Ordered, Please Cancel"

I really hope that Fiverr is doing something to fix this so that it stops affecting our cancellation ratios! UGH!!!

Reply to @alb8475: It seems that he wanted to talk to you first before placing the order. You could ask him about his inquiry now and try to turn it into a sale. The problem now is that I presume the clock is ticking down and he may not have all the information you may need to complete it right now, which is why he was trying to inquire about it.

From personal experience, ordering by mistake is very possible especially off smartphones and mobile devices. When I did it, I chose not to activate the gig and contacted the seller through messaging to apologise, so it wouldn’t affect her cancellation ratio. It is easy to spot those who do it maliciously, though.

@Rinchan86: He actually is not a competitor of mine and said he was trying to inquire about ordering with me. If he wanted to order with me then why is he trying to cancel? Odd…

Reply to @rinchan86: That is not what we believe at all. I too have “ordered” by accident on an iPad. The touch screen was extremely responsive and took the placement of my finger near to the screen as me touching the screen. I am a married heterosexual woman and the accidental gig was for a young woman to pretend to be my girlfriend on Facebook. Not a product I would buy - although the prospect would be hilariously misleading.

What we are talking about is the case where the buyer gives a reason that is NOT consistent with an accident. For example, there are buyers that order gigs, add extras, and they claim it was an accident. HUH??? Or those who did not read the gig description and ordered anyway and it turns out what they want has nothing to do with the gig (the WORST offender). Or those who solicit “offers” from different sellers by placing an order with several sellers and keeping the order from the seller with the lowest “bid” (Just message the seller, DO NOT ORDER TO NEGOTIATE!!!).

Everyone seems to believe that all “accidents” are by people who are deliberately trying to bring down your rating and I wanted to say that this might not always be the case.

I accidentally placed an order. How? By being on the mobile site. If anyone has used the mobile site, they know how much of a train wreck it is. I was browsing through gigs and the page was only half loaded. For whatever reason, it jumped back to the top of the page when it was finished loading and as it was doing that, I clicked the top of the page… Guess who clicked the “Order Now” button?

So just because a competitor accidentally orders does not always mean he is trying to sabotage you. It could mean he was just checking out the competition on his mobile device while logged in. :slight_smile:

Reply to @alb8475: Good for you! I love that approach. Let it auto complete :slight_smile:

I did that @kjblynx and the most recent “accident” is a fellow writer who says that it is bad business to not accept mutual cancellations for “accidents”. Eh, whatever. I told him that I was just going to let it auto complete. I was not accepting it and saying it was okay. I also sent another message to support about these “accidents” occurring more often.

I did that @kjblynx and the most recent “accident” is a fellow writer who says that it is bad business to not accept mutual cancellations for “accidents”. Eh, whatever. I told him that I was just going to let it auto complete. I was not accepting it and saying it was okay. I also sent another message to support about these “accidents” occurring more often.

@aingham69: I think this was more than a mistake. If he really wanted to inquire,then I think he would have asked his question if I could do it even though he “accidently” placed an order. Instead he is being hard to deal with. I have no problem giving a mutual cancellation if I cannot do what they are wanting. This just seems strange.

Reply to @rinchan86: I’ve seen that happen too. (New) buyers may not realize that cancellations count against us and place orders to start a conversation.

alb8475 said: He actually is not a competitor of mine and said he was trying to inquire about ordering with me. If he wanted to order with me then why is he trying to cancel? Odd...

My apologies for the mistake. I agree with @aingham69. He might be a new user who doesn't realize that placing an order is not the same as messaging the buyer beforehand. Strange, I know, but I have had that happen before.

I am tired of those buyers who buy the gig and do nothing for weeks and then come back and try to cancel it or make us cancel it. It always go against us.

Reply to @cheezees:

"Here, take ALL of the blame and display it on your gig so others can see and get it confused with cancellations you initiated. "

It’s more likely that potential buyers will see the cancellations and conclude that other buyers are canceling the gigs because of poor seller performance. IMO

CS gives the excuse that cancellations count in your ratios just as completed orders count. This is faulty logic at best! How so?

1. Both the buyer and seller contributed to and agree upon the order that was completed. This is fine.

2. In the overwhelmingly numerous and frivolous cases where the buyer makes an error (“I ordered by mistake”, “I didn’t read the instructions and now I want to cancel”, “Oops, this is not what I want”, etc.) and CS is asked to cancel, the seller plays NO PART in the failed transaction. No agreement whatever. Then, “surprise”, the cancellation counts AGAINST the seller ONLY. Yep, that’s where the failed logic comes in.

Not at all your fault = Here, take ALL of the blame and display it on your gig so others can see and get it confused with cancellations you initiated. The sad part is that I honestly think they believe the rationale of “completed orders count in your ratio too” is a good “comeback”.

Reply to @ricksper: I agree! They all get lumped into one big “Cancellation Ratio” ball. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, if CS cancels an order for you, it counts against you in the ratio of cancellations to completed orders just as if you had cancelled it yourself. After experiencing quite a few of these “ordered by mistake” cancellations as well, I asked a CS representative for some clarification on the matter, and that was the information they conveyed. I could be wrong, but that was definitely my understanding on the matter once CS replied to my inquiries.

Although I do have quite a few cancellations, none of them are actually from unhappy buyers. They’re all from users who accidentally ordered, ordered before fully understanding my services, or placed an order and never provided me with any required information to actually fulfill that order.

It’s pretty darn nuts!

I think you are right nickih. I think any cancellation counts against your ratio. It stinks! :frowning:

This has happened to me twice! While browsing in my phone scrolling through the description , nowhere near the green button it just orders out of nowhere! So frustrating! I feel horrible canceling, I have gigs of my own and it’s unfair to the seller. The definitely need a confirm button.

This happened to me just now. Someone placed an order, but did not provide anything. After a few days, he/she cancelled the order with a “Sorry” as a note. Not sure what to expect about this. Nevertheless, I agreed to cancel. I hope this is not gonna be a regular thing. I’m still pretty young in Fiverr age and the ratio will definitely hurt.