So what do you think of the new Fiverr ad?

Guest theeditor3

[image] Blog post from Fiverr CEO, Micha Kaufman: In the nearly seven years since Fiverr was launched, we’ve built something special: A community of millions spread across 190 different countries, posting over 10 million Gigs, and buying over 30 million services. We’ve taken great pride in helping talented people find an outlet for their skills and create personal brands. We’ve helped entrepreneurs build small businesses from nothing, democratizing services that never would have previously be…

/post

I’ll be 35 in less than a month. I doubt that I’m suddenly going to feel old. The only time I feel old is when I’m tutting at badly-behaved tourists, but that’s not age-related. That’s just decency.

Although that is a very middle aged person thing to say…

I’ll be 35 in less than a month. I doubt that I’m suddenly going to feel old. The only time I feel old is when I’m tutting at badly-behaved tourists, but that’s not age-related. That’s just decency.

Although that is a very middle aged person thing to say…

Yeah, I guess it’s about the mentality…someone like you will be young even at 60…me, I’ve been saving for my retirement/ old age since I was 30 🙂

You can save for retirement and old age and be young at heart, you know! But still, as you say it’s all in the mentality, not to mention formative experiences. How are your vacation plans going, for that matter? You know, the ones where you were going to take a proper vacation and visit other areas of India etc.

Boy, OP is going to be annoyed as this post as gone completely off-topic (but he can dine on a wealth of opinions in my link, so w/e).

You can save for retirement and old age and be young at heart, you know! But still, as you say it’s all in the mentality, not to mention formative experiences. How are your vacation plans going, for that matter? You know, the ones where you were going to take a proper vacation and visit other areas of India etc.

Boy, OP is going to be annoyed as this post as gone completely off-topic (but he can dine on a wealth of opinions in my link, so w/e).

Right now my focus is on exercise and getting fit…this is a great time to start working out seriously as I lost a lot of weight because I turned to a protein-based diet over the last 6 months. So have lost fat, now it’s time to build muscle.

Right now my focus is on exercise and getting fit…this is a great time to start working out seriously as I lost a lot of weight because I turned to a protein-based diet over the last 6 months. So have lost fat, now it’s time to build muscle.

Meanwhile, I am porking out at a fair rate of knots. Don’t forget to share before (fat) and after (sexy) photos when you’re all beefed up!

Meanwhile, I am porking out at a fair rate of knots. Don’t forget to share before (fat) and after (sexy) photos when you’re all beefed up!

Yeah, will probably post a picture of myself in Jan 2018 🙂 Maybe even write a Kindle book on it, lot of people seem to do that. May not get too many sales, but will give me some motivation.

Tempted to move the above comments to a new topic called “Age is just a number”.

Oh, hark at Eoin and his superpowers.

I’m sure you can plump the twee depths of naffness for an even better title though. Perhaps visit your local cardshop and find the worst possible card (poem mandatory) and use their guff.

Yeah, I guess it’s about the mentality…someone like you will be young even at 60…me, I’ve been saving for my retirement/ old age since I was 30 🙂

Well my son told me the other day “it’s OK Mum - you’re just really old in the body, you’re not old in the mind”. I wasn’t sure whether to slap him or hug him 😆

I think when it comes to you and @writer99025 the most I could muster would be a cheesy limerick.

There was once a man from India

Who announced he’d fin-d-yer

But all that bluster was wasted

As soon as this fine young man tasted

the curries of his homeland india.

Gosh, that was crap. I’d have better finished it all off in the tasted line and then done the “that fine young x from y” finisher, but that would require effort.

@sue_mcl my nan was–and is–famous in my family for “puffing up like a bantam cock”. A bit like the Duracell bunny on speed if you wind her up enough.

But your personal opinion?

Amateurish. I can see the meetings where the creative people all sat around a room and convinced themselves that they were sooooo cutting edge because they were piecing together a spot that was designed to push buttons through its coarseness and profanity as opposed to actually carving out a real benefit of using fiverr. This is why its important to have at least one adult in the room when making these type of decisions. Looks as if it was made on a budget, in a hurry by college kids.

The money spent could have been used to improve the fiverr infrastructure so that we don’t have to see the screwdriver logo that says “We’re taking a break” when the entire site is down.

Amateurish. I can see the meetings where the creative people all sat around a room and convinced themselves that they were sooooo cutting edge because they were piecing together a spot that was designed to push buttons through its coarseness and profanity as opposed to actually carving out a real benefit of using fiverr. This is why its important to have at least one adult in the room when making these type of decisions. Looks as if it was made on a budget, in a hurry by college kids.

The money spent could have been used to improve the fiverr infrastructure so that we don’t have to see the screwdriver logo that says “We’re taking a break” when the entire site is down.

I can see the meetings where the creative people all sat around a room and convinced themselves that they were sooooo cutting edge because they were piecing together a spot that was designed to push buttons through its coarseness and profanity as opposed to actually carving out a real benefit of using fiverr.

Obviously it’s aim is to grab attention for fiverr in a short video and it does that. You have a few seconds to get attention that people remember so that’s the main thing they were going for. People will be curious enough to visit the site.

What coarseness and profanity? Have you spent much time looking around on the internet?

Fiverr targeted a certain market.

It was smart, it didn’t feel like an ad, it felt like a motivational video, one of those people share a zillion times.

Great ads are like that, they don’t try to sell but try to show, try to give you an experience, make you feel something.

There was an old woman on Youtube whining about the language, butI get it. GSD is startup lingo, and Fiverr is a startup. This ad represents their culture.

Will it work? I don’t know. Sometimes ads end up motivating the fans more than winning new customers. Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal. To them it’s not about getting a computer with more memory for less money, but about continuing with the products they love and trust.

I do hope they make an ad to attract buyers. Fiverr already has enough sellers.

[image] Blog post from Fiverr CEO, Micha Kaufman: In the nearly seven years since Fiverr was launched, we’ve built something special: A community of millions spread across 190 different countries, posting over 10 million Gigs, and buying over 30 million services. We’ve taken great pride in helping talented people find an outlet for their skills and create personal brands. We’ve helped entrepreneurs build small businesses from nothing, democratizing services that never would have previously be…

/post

A community of millions spread across 190 different countries

It is not enough to simply grab attention. You need to have a great point once the attention is won. There is nothing that sells fiverr as a place to get quality work. If our customers are truly millions of people in 190 countries, think about the differences in cultures, the sensitivities that span from one end of the spectrum to the other. I want all those people to feel good about buying from us. This ad paints us as nothing more than a bunch of immature American millennial fools, just playing at work. I want to attract business from every possible person, not alienate some from us because we communicate like children.

It was smart, it didn’t feel like an ad, it felt like a motivational video, one of those people share a zillion times.

Great ads are like that, they don’t try to sell but try to show, try to give you an experience, make you feel something.

There was an old woman on Youtube whining about the language, butI get it. GSD is startup lingo, and Fiverr is a startup. This ad represents their culture.

Will it work? I don’t know. Sometimes ads end up motivating the fans more than winning new customers. Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal. To them it’s not about getting a computer with more memory for less money, but about continuing with the products they love and trust.

I do hope they make an ad to attract buyers. Fiverr already has enough sellers.

Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal.

Great point. Yes, and Apple has always been smart enough to portray their customers as savvy and hip. In comparison, look at how we portray our customers in this ad. Scene 1, a small girl offers a picture to an adult, who rips it from the child, crumbles it and tosses it out, because it’s crap. The adult then storms off to run her business from a cell phone in a public toilet. This is why I suggest that the creative team had no clear vision as to what they were saying about the buyers and sellers on fiverr, they were just amusing themselves.

Archived