Fiverr Community Forum

Social account user name sharing

Buyer wanted to talk through Instagram. Should i give him my IG user name?

1 Like

NO. You are not allowed to give offsite contact information.
Why does this person need to talk on IG? Why can’t they just use the message system here?

GG

7 Likes

He wants to take advantage of you somehow. Read the terms of service. Only talk to buyers on fiverr messaging system.

4 Likes

No. Absolutely not. Completely against the Fiverr terms of service:

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
7 Likes

It’s too late for understanding about this matter. Almost i shared. What should i do right now?

1 Like

It’s too late for understanding about this matter. Almost i shared. What should i do right now?

Topic Controls

Watching

You will receive notifications because you created this topic.

Suggested Topics

VOTE: Fiverr needs our support - Webby Awards

22m

Fiverr Site
Is Fiverr’s main site down?

17h

Fiverr Site
Need Suggestion about my Gigs

5m

My Fiverr Gigs
Asked to sign a “talent consent form”?

10m

My Fiverr Gigs
New Seller for Fiverr

12m

My Fiverr Gigs

There are 125 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in Fiverr Site

You asked if you should share your details outside of Fiverr…

Several people then respond “no” and helpfully take the trouble to explain why - and then you tell us you have already shared your details!

I’m sorry but you have breached the Fiverr terms of service which you sign up to when becoming a part of the Fiverr community.

10 Likes

So what did he want to talk to you about?

1 Like

He wanted to design for his Instagram posts. His topic is Instagram related.

2 Likes

Hi, it has often happened to me that buyers asked me for my instagram profile or even my phone number to talk on whatsapp. I have obviously always refused, I’m registered on Fiverr to offer my service on this platform and therefore no one should have extra information about me.

3 Likes

I’m joining the chorus. Do not share your IG info with him at all. All discussions must occur using the Fiverr platform. You’re taking a LOT of risks by moving the conversation off of Fiverr.

3 Likes

If you’ve already given your Instagram profile then try to avoid this client on Instagram, :pensive:
If client’s ask contact information outside of fiverr then it’s not a good sign, :neutral_face: this type of client’s has a motive for doing this, literally they want free or cheap rate services and that’s why they asked to contact outside of fiverr. I got request many times from client to contact outside of fiverr and usually i ignored them and blocked them when necessary, i can’t trust this kind of people who can’t talk directly about their project and budget here at fiverr. Stay away from this kind of people and i’ve noticed newbies buyer are doing this, i didn’t meet any top level buyer who want contact information. Fiverr is really a good platform to do work comfortably :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I agree completely ! I Was in the same situation

2 Likes

In short, don’t. It’s too risky, There is no way you can give your personal information to the buyer.

Fiverr ​​never gives permission to give personal information to buyer. Sharing personal information can result you might get an account warning or your account may be disabled.

Hopefully you don’t want to have a negative impact on your account. Go ahead with success in fiverr :heartpulse:

1 Like

No way. Either the buyer is new or he is not a buyer actually. On both ways you are going to suffer.

So better work inside Fiverr. Don’t share any personal details what so ever.

I have been working for Web Design and Graphic Design Services, I sometime need the login details of their accounts, and that is allowed only through the order page of Fiverr.

So don’t provide any details except from the order page while you need the details to process your assigned task.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello
My logo designs are present in IG timeline so I have given link of IG page in my Gig summary. Is it allowed?

1 Like

No, @ logocreator37. You can put Flickr portfolio link.
Here is What URLs can I use in my profile or Gig description.

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

Good Luck!

Regards,
Mohammad Ali Nijhoom
Web designer & Digital Marketer

2 Likes

Thanks Man!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks god! this topic saved me.

if you do it, you will warn from fiverr. Because fiverr is not support it. You should read the terms and condition about fiverr.