Social Media and sales

lamonthenley1

Social media marketing only works if you are targeting your posts to the exact customers that need your services. Most social media freelancers, however (such as yourself), are only posting their links to the friends that they are connected to. No one else sees those posts.

So, what you’ve been doing is extremely ineffective and generally just a waste of your time. Your friends are not your customers, and they won’t be making you successful.

If you want to use social media to promote your gigs, than you MUST be connecting to the target customers who need your services. They are the only people who will order from you, and make your gigs profitable and successful.

Social media marketing only works if you are targeting your posts to the exact customers that need your services. Most social media freelancers, however (such as yourself), are only posting their links to the friends that they are connected to. No one else sees those posts.

So, what you’ve been doing is extremely ineffective and generally just a waste of your time. Your friends are not your customers, and they won’t be making you successful.

If you want to use social media to promote your gigs, than you MUST be connecting to the target customers who need your services. They are the only people who will order from you, and make your gigs profitable and successful.

Hi

I’m Felix new here, thanks for this comment. I have been pondering if this. My social media posts have never seem to help my store, I would have dropped it it but I wasn’t sure.

I asked this question because I find myself in a different situation than most people. I don’t have a Facebook page, I don’t Tweet nor do I have an Instagram account. Since I don’t utilize social media in personal life I wondered whether I would be at a disadvantage seeing how the large majority of our society uses social media, including many people on Fiverr.

I asked this question because I find myself in a different situation than most people. I don’t have a Facebook page, I don’t Tweet nor do I have an Instagram account. Since I don’t utilize social media in personal life I wondered whether I would be at a disadvantage seeing how the large majority of our society uses social media, including many people on Fiverr.

If you’re looking for other ways to market your gigs, I recommend going to your local bookstore, and looking through the books in the business/marketing section (or looking online at major book retailers). You’ll find plenty of books outlining hundreds of ways to market something for little or no monetary investment.

Granted, buying a book is a monetary investment, however, if you are serious about marketing and promoting your services, you’ll be willing to study and research methods to do so. The resources are out there, you just have to be willing to do the research.

Hi

I’m Felix new here, thanks for this comment. I have been pondering if this. My social media posts have never seem to help my store, I would have dropped it it but I wasn’t sure.

Thanks for your input Felix, I really appreciate it. Its good to hear that your social media presence had no impact on your ability to sell. I don’t feel too bad for not being in the social media loop yet, lol.

Archived