Fiverr Community Forum

Social Media Sharing

Hello Everyone,

I’m a web and graphics designer, i have 9 gigs on my profile related to graphics, not a single one of web. And i got level two without sharing my gigs or profile on facebook and other social media. But Now i want to increase my business over fiverr and other online freelancing websites. As i have 9 gigs already and going to upload 3 or 4 more in few days. And now i also want to share it on facebook, twitter and pinterest. My question is from everyone here who is sharing their fiverr business on Social media, Should i share my each gig individually on social media or single link of my profile?

Thanks

Asif

Reply to @dtongsports: Thanks DTong, after sharing on social media, orders are coming on my gigs and now i’m on my business. Yes it’s true that people don’t come directly to your links but they like that freelancer should ask them about their problems, everybody has a busy life so they want everything on their doorstep. Thanks again.

Yes you are right, Good luck to those who are not using social media. :slight_smile:

Reply To @dtongsports - I agree with 100%. Social media websites can bring you business and at the very least these sites can help get the word out about what you do and the service or products that you have to offer.

If you work out a strategy and are persistant in carrying it out it will pay off. For those that think you can not uses social media to drive business sales - I would say why are there so many corporations on these sites. They are not there to be goofing off.

I share my gigs each day, but I get just a few sales, sometimes I have days when I get no sales. I suppose that sharing on social media is just the Fiverr strategy to maintain an important presence on main social websites and to increase it’s traffic from that kind of websites and search engines.

1 Like

I think, sharing gigs on social media is best way to earn buyers attention. I will do it.

I don’t think sharing on social websites has any effect on increasing sales. What does it look like? Someone sees your gig on Facebook, and says: “Hey, I might buy a logo today!” I don’t think so…

If people need something, they know where to look for it, and they will do it WHEN they actually need it. Social media is suitable for large companies, or promoting events and similar, but I don’t really see anything useful for us, freelancers.

Potential clients nowadays won’t even search for freelancers on google, they will visit freelance websites directly.

kasijus said: I don't think sharing on social websites has any effect on increasing sales. What does it look like? Someone sees your gig on Facebook, and says: "Hey, I might buy a logo today!" I don't think so...

If people need something, they know where to look for it, and they will do it WHEN they actually need it. Social media is suitable for large companies, or promoting events and similar, but I don't really see anything useful for us, freelancers.

Potential clients nowadays won't even search for freelancers on google, they will visit freelance websites directly.

You have a point. Obviously, i don’t think there’s any benefits in sharing gigs on social media, as most people know where to look for things when they need it. If at all there’s advantage in sharing gigs on social media, only a few category would benefit from it, and that could be Graphics, Web Design, and maybe Programming related services.

Both. Share your profile page and your gigs individually. I get a lot of sales from social media and post often. Include keywords and hashtags to increase your reach beyond your followers and also interact with your followers letting them know about your services. DO NOT SPAM other twitter users who aren’t following you or you risk getting your URL marked as spam. Play by the rules, be ethical, and create a file in your ‘notepad’ to keep your tweets/posts for easy copy and pasting so you don’t have to create a new message everytime. :slight_smile:

Good luck! Those who aren’t using social media, just know that twitter has over 250 Million users alone. Not all of those people are going to see your gigs, but that’s a heck of an audience to try to reach! :slight_smile:

DTong (TRS)

if only one sale then…

@dtongsports, is there any way of paid promotion on social media, I have very little community on my social media pages…so need someone who can give more exposure…even it is paid…thanks

Ok, let’s say I decide to share my gig on FB. Should I create a fan page of my service or should I share my gig on facebook groups?

I use Tweet Eye software to post my giggs to Twitter. It gets my giggs noticed all around the clock in hashtag searches and I make frequent sales. If there any Fiverr sellers who need any help with it just message me and I will help you.

1 Like

hi i’ve joined fiverr 20 days back and have 2 gigs one online tutoring and other is of business planning. i haven’t received a single order yet.so, can you tell me what to do

I also am struggling with my fiverr sales, I don’t know how to get my first customers :frowning:

It pays to share you Gigs on social media because the only investment you make is your time.
Now I use twitter to share my Gigs, and they way to measure the social success on Fiverr is looking at your Gig Analytics. Take the time and invest and learn more about your Analytics. The other key in terms of your Gigs success is the number impressions the Gig generates when people are searching Fiverr.
The key to social media is getting the right message out there in terms of the value of your Gig. Additionally knowing the hastags you use.
Start with twitter, use Google URL shortener, test and learn.
Check out #LowCostAnalytics

Yeah! It is important to share your gigs on social media in order to increase new buyers. However, for me the most useful is Twitter.

Hello
I think that depending on your product you can achieve sales from “social networks”… I’m on fiverr from 2012, but until a couple of months ago I started having constant orders, everything is thanks to share my gigs and I am now level 2 :slight_smile:

I have a question here about sharing gig on social media. It increase my gig views but does it increase my chance to be on recommendation page?

I believe there is some impact of sharing in websites. But ultimately all depends on your hardwork, your rating and kind of gig you offer.any ways fiverr shares our gigs in its letters. It doesn’t make sense to share again by us. Our clients word of mouth helps a lot than sharing

Also the category of your gigs matter a lot as well