Sold 30,000+ Gigs, and Now LOST EVERYTHING! ----- HELP Please!

idesigners

WARNING!!!

=======

This is NOT a complaint or not an attempt to get noticed. JUST SHARING Experience, and we would appreciate ANY VALUABLE tips from fellow buyers and sellers on Fiverr

==========================================================

It is really UNBELIEVABLE that we lost Everything [TOP RATED STATUS, EXPRESS STATUS, SEARCH RANKING and everything on FIVERR] for NO REASON

[Got the message that the Top Rated Status is on hold till we review the account, but we never got it back. Although we tried to contact several times, about 10+ times, we got only 1 reply that mentioned we are NOT eligible for the same. We tried to ask WHY but no reason was mentioned than saying only EDITORS know]

Our logo gig was #1 in its category. Anyone can check and verify [not sharing the link as it may be against fiverr rules. You can visit our profile and check the gigs - http://www.fiverr.com/idesigners]

We tried our best to impress all our buyers

We kept all our promises

We delivered all gigs before the delivery time

We offer UNLIMITED revisions and LIFETIME support for $5 [we were the first to offer the same on Fiverr]

Although we tried our best to convince the support staff that we did not do anything against fiverr, nothing happened.

We would appreciate help from everyone

Thank you

Fina

http://www.fiverr.com/idesigners//cdn21.fiverr.com/assets/v2_buttons/en/btn-footer-app-store-9f9dde20189d805fa7af161fbe72e0ce.png

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

I can’t believe there is no reason but for them not to tell you doesn’t seem fair. Since we are only getting one side of the story, it is hard to know what’s going on. I would think you would have at least some idea. Think! Is there anything you may of done but didn’t realize it is violating Fiverr’s TOS.

I hope you find out or at lest figure it out on your own.

@ryangillam, @cheezees, @steveeyes. It’s not unlikely at all. I lost my main gig about 2 months ago. Just gone. Deleted.

I was top 3 in the searches one day. The next day my gig was deleted. (The gig had been up for over 2 years BTW, and was a busy one… and even busier as I climbed the search results) Fiverr Support never gave me a reason. I asked and asked. Finally I just sucked it up and continued on my merry way with a new set of gigs.

And again. I’m not a newbie here. I’m a 2+ year member who has never broken any rules. Never received any negative reviews… not even 1, and sold thousands of gigs.

Gig deleted. No reason and no course of action. I was told that my gig was deleted and even if they wanted to bring it back they couldn’t. But, like I said. No reason was given.

I do have my own theories though. Studying the trends on gigs for over 2 years. Noticing patterns and keeping track of a lot of other gigs.

Here’s my theory, based on 2+ years of watching and learning. But… I have to add that’s it’s still only a theory.

When a gig hits the 5500 - 6500 sales mark, and continues to sell strong and lists high in the search the gig will be deleted. The number could be 4500-5500 I’m just writing the higher ratio of the 2 sets.

You may ask why it’s being deleted if it’s making Fiverr so much money?

Simple really. The seller has monopolized the category. Seeing 5000+ sales and low to no negative reviews gives them instant authority. Who wants to buy from a seller who;s sold 100 gigs when they can go to the Monster who sold over 5000?

The problem is that it doesn’t leave room for the newer gigs. And you figure if it’s making that much money who cares? The problem is that if sales go to the newer gigs than that seller, who is now getting sales is more likely to make another gig or 2… Or 3.

Multiply this by all the new sellers who the Monster Seller is taking gigs from. So say… 10 new sellers loosing. Take away Monster gig and you have 10 sellers selling gigs, and adding another 2-3 gigs. So, 3 gigs x 10 new sellers = 30 new sales simply from removing the Monster who is only selling 1 per customer.

Now, multiply this number by say… 500. Which is what a lot of these Monster sellers sell in a month. Some more like 1000. (Depending on the category… I’m using Social Marketing since that’s what I’ve based my numbers off of)

Anyhow. That’s my theory. If you get to good, and have to many sales you will get deleted. Because no matter your sales number, multiplying that by 10 for new giggers makes way more financial sense.

Like I said. Theory. But a studied one. I watch when gigs are removed and deleted. And this is the magic number. No matter the feedback.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

I don’t think fiverr would do this. If it has done. I’m shocked.

You know. As much as I say give newbies offers to start off with their gigs.

If you really want to help them out.

Feature them!

But taking away a gig which has sold a lot just because of no reason. I’m not sure I like that…

Look, Fiverr does have an amazing customer support and if you would think about it. Not one seller would be at that level without them.

What they do behind the forum and fiverr scenes are incomparable!

Best of luck,

🙂 Joe

The Creative Guys | 2014

@thecreativeguys - Well… Like I said. It’s a theory. But it’s a theory based on watching gigs for over 2 years. I’ve seen just under 2 dozen gigs, most with great reviews just vanish when they hit these numbers. Including my own. I’ve messaged 3 random sellers over this time and they had the same story as me. No reason. No negative reviews or complaints. Just deleted. Same story as mine. Same numbers as mine.

And, although I haven’t messaged other sellers who’s gigs vanished… they were deleted when at the same numbers.

Like I said. Just a theory. But if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck… than it’s probably a duck.

I’ve protected myself from this. I now alternate gigs, and have a few backups.

I suspend one, activate another one. Then suspend that one and keep repeating. It sucks to have lost the gig. But I won’t make the same mistake twice. Even if my theory is wrong, better to be prepared.

Could it be more about the TYPE of gig you have and not the number of sales? Not sure what your gig was that was deleted (or did you say and I missed it), but my theory is that if you did nothing wrong, than maybe certain types of gigs lead itself to more complaints from buyers. I looked at your current gig and saw you had one for Facebook likes. Those type of gigs get their share of complaints here on the forum, so I’m wondering if the type of gig you had was reason for deletion since you say you did nothing wrong.

Heck even Facebook itself may of complained. I noticed those who have shutterstock type of accounts get deleted quickly and I’m sure shutterstock itself may of complained about it to Fiverr. So who knows. Maybe Facebook complains about gigs on Fiverr that sell Facebook likes.

Of course I’m just guessing , but as theories go, it may be as good of a reason as any.

So what type of gigs did you sale that was deleted?

@steveeyes - It is possible. I know that because I have social marketing gigs I will never make Top Rated Seller. Even though I do them properly by promoting, and not sending Bots. But… On the other hand. Why wait 2 years? My gig was no secret, it was in the top 3 gigs for over a year? Plus, why allow my my other social gigs, including another Facebook gig (That’s up now)? And… Well, like I said. The numbers. 22 gigs that I tracked for all that time all were deleted when they hit the same numbers.

Yup. It is just a theory. And I’m sure the social nature of my gig had a lot to do with it. (Yes. The others I tracked were Social gigs as well). But still. All them gigs deleted at around the exact same numbers, with no reason is fishy.

If it was because they are Likes gigs why not just say that? Why let them get so popular? And again, why not just say. You had a Likes gig?

The thing is, about my gig is that I don’t break any rules. ( I ‘Promote’ a page until it get’s the required amount of likes’ ). Yes. I promote to my own group of Likers but that’s not the point. There’s nothing in any TOS that says you can’t pay someone to promote your page.

We’ll never really know. My theory does make sense financially. (You’d have to read my original post (8 posts up) to understand what I mean by that). But. Ya. A Theory. LOL

There’s another similar post in which CS answer is posted.

Basicly seller has been told that Facebook complained for his gig (well, I think his kind of gig) stating it’s against Facebook TOS, so automatically it’s against Fiverr TOS too.

UPDATE

I’ve just found the post. Here is CS answer:

We received a complaint from a 3rd party, Facebook, and based on our Terms of Service, we could not allow for your gig to be on Fiverr.com. If you wish to have the gig back on Fiverr, please have that organization contact us directly to inform us that it no longer objects to your gig being presented on Fiverr.

@mark74 - That would be something. But, in my case there was no reason given. As I stated.

(The above answer is still pretty lame though. what are the odds of getting Facebook to contact Fiverr for any reason regarding a taken down gig. LOL)

Like I said. This was a while ago and I’ve moved well past it and simply carried on. It doesn’t really matter. I was just posting my theory on what sometimes happens.

( Original post like… 10 posts up if you haven’t read it, and feel so inclined )

@mark74 - … I understand what you’re saying but I think you missed my point. I wrote that I never got an answer. That includes the reply you posted. So… if you don’t get an answer than your post doesn’t really apply… because if that message was sent as a reply… then I would have got a reply. LOL.

But when it comes to my theory. Sure. I’m sure some of the deleted gigs maybe got that. But numbers are numbers. And having the same amount of sales every time for every different seller and then having a gig deleted when they reach those same numbers… Well, although a theory it’s still a huge coincidence. Same numbers? Different sellers? Not to mention the other coincidental points relating that I wrote in my initial post.

Like I said. Theory yes. But how many similar (Or downright the same) factors have to be in place before something is not a coincidence any more? 3? 4? 5? Well, like I said… there’s that many “Same things” written in my initial post.

The message you posted, although I have no doubt happens all the time doesn’t explain the numbers. Everyone? Around 5000 sales? Deleted? So… Does Facebook troll around Fiverr waiting for someone to sell around 5000 gigs and then write a complaint? Why not at 3000? Or 1000? The same numbers for dozens of sellers… every time.

The real fact? Even if Fiverr does use this technique we will never know. And why wouldn’t they? Like I wrote in the first post. It makes total financial sense for them.

• 2 months later...

Update

=====

After 4 months of life in darkness, we got some limelight as some of our gigs have been listed back in search results. Although we do not have our TRS status or Top Ranking on search results, we could find our gigs on the first 2-4 pages of search results, thank god!

Thanks you guys for the wonderful support

Fina

@idesigners Glad to hear you’re back, sort of.

I didn’t search for it, but I remember reading a long thread some time in the last 4 or 5 months with a story just like yours. In that one, the TRS speculated that Fiverr sometimes strips TRS’s of their rank, often after they made tens of thousands of sales, in order to give other sellers a chance. He had a long, well-thought-out and thoroughly reasoned explanation for coming to that conclusion.

I remember feeling like I’d been punched in the stomach, because it struck me as being so unfair. But the person who posted this pointed out that it had happened to TRS’s before him, and he’d been surprised the first time he heard about it, too. And he was never given a reason from Fiverr for his sudden demotion, despite asking many times. Other commentators said many of the same things as are written here: you MUST have done something wrong, someone must have complained, you broke the TOS, you sold illegal gigs, you did something wrong, you must have! They didn’t want to believe such an arbitrary thing could happen without any cause. If I remember correctly, he ended up getting a Level 2 status after several months, but not TRS, just like you.

So it may shock some members who just don’t want to believe that this is something that Fiverr does, but it really is something Fiverr does. I think the worst part is that they don’t even have the decency to tell the shocked, demoted former-TRS’s WHY; they just ignore the pleas or string them along as they did with you, saying “the editors know”, as if it’s a deep, dark state secret. I guess in a way, it IS a secret they don’t want out…that sometimes Fiverr is really not very nice to the very people who earn them so much money.

Archived