Fiverr Forum

[solved] Can i reject buyers?

Hi All,

i tried to search the forums for this, but only found threads that are several years old.

The question is: can i reject buyers?

Working with customers is like being in a relationship - that’s probably why they call it a business relationship. So, there are a lot of good reasons why it might not fit. And selecting the right customers is a very important part of doing business. Or as Brian Tracy would say: The ability to say no is one of the most important parts of a successful business.

So, usually i take an extended time to talk to potential customers to get a feel of who they are, what they are looking for and if we make a good team. If the answer is yes, i am their best worker. If the answer is no, i am happy to forward them to people who are better fitting than me or show them alternative options.

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to reject a buyer. If you’re talking to them in a message, you can just let them know that you don’t think you are a good working match. If they’re reasonable, they’ll understand and go away.

There’s no way to reject orders at this time, which is something that would help sellers lower their cancellation rate. So, even if you were to tell a buyer you don’t think the business venture would work, they could still order from you.

Sucks but such is life. Good luck!

Thank you for the quick answer. Is there a way to have buyers contact me first, before they can place an order?

[EDIT] ok, got it. i think you already answers my followup question in your first answer. Thank you again! :slight_smile:

I dont think there is any way.You can mention on your gig description about this.
But buyer has the right to order your gig whenever they want.

I think it’s unfortunate though, that we can’t use our gutt or discernment - and reject orders, because for the most part, if I’ve had a bad/strange vibe off a buyer, it’s been warranted - cancelling order after completion, threatening with bad review, expecting way too much from a $5 gig – or simply scamming trying to get a freebie.

I always seem to know from my first interaction, whether I can expect a problem or not.

I feel like we should be able to have a reject buyer feature, that we are able to use sparsely with usage limits.

You are so right.

Just today I had a buyer who was aggravating in the extreme to the point of sending what amounted to repeated harassing messages so I cancelled.
Even after we cancelled the messages continued.

Yes. Some buyers have a hidden agenda that has nothing to do with paying fairly for a good service.

I would also like to be able to reject buyers.
The other day, a buyer purchased my gig and requested something completely unrelated to the gig. And since I can’t reject them, my cancellation rate will go up. It’s downright annoying, to be honest.