Some buyers are just not worth it

doruku

So here is a quick share of an experience I have just had…

I have this kinda standart ‘spokesperson’ gig, i am a professional speaker and a marketer, so i am good at reaching any kind of audience…

This guy buys my basic gig (5), sends a whole 30 line description of what he wants, asking me to check their site, come up with a script and all bla bla…

My gig description is clear, buy it, send me your script, have your video, leave feedback, bye bye…

There are extras if you want me to spend more time on your order, like script writing and all…

So just out of curiosity, i read this guys loooooooong message (it obviously was not a 5 dollar task), and i replied him back explaining what he did buy, and what he did not. On top of it, I said I can do some of his requests without any charge, its no big deal. I made a script for him as a favor, and asked him to approve it or send me a script or buy the script writing extra so I can create another one or just ask for a refund.

And then i get a cancellation request but wait for it, explanation is this ; 'Sorry I’m not interested in this your story is boring’

Even tough all my explanations on the first message (which were not really necessary in the first place since they are in gig description) and that I have actually made a free script and said ok to do some requests which would normally be extra of charge.

It would have been ok if he just wanted a refund, but ‘not liking’ a free service, where I could easily have made the video allready and sent without asking of any approval to make sure your satisfaction, and all that… ?

I answered him; ’ send a ‘non boring story’ than or pay for it to be written. Its disrespectfull to comment as such when you havent paid for it and I made it as a favor…'

and he replies; ’ Sorry, but you didn’t put any effort into that story. The description says ‘embarrassing’ stories only. Sorry If I caused any offence but you must have something better than that? '

So he is still disregarding the fact that he didnt pay for it and asking for a better story… oh my…

I explained; ’ I didnt had to put any effort in it, because you didnt pay for it. I did quickly as a favor, still spent time. You need to provide your own script as clearly outlined in the gig description or buy the relative extra for a script to be written.'

But than I realized, however it goes, it would be a disaster with this guy. Offered cancelation myself and thanked for wasting my time.

My thinking is always to focus on delivering quality first and the money will follow it. But with the percentage of cheapjacks here, this experience is yet another sign that this strategy does not work here. I know there are many people like me who are good hearted but really, dont. These kind of disrespectfull people are just wasting our times…

Seller beware…

I wonder sometimes whether buyers just don’t listen, just don’t read what’s right there in front of them, or if they play dumb deliberately to try and score free extras.

It just seems like basic common sense to read the description of something before you buy it. If you don’t, you go into the whole transaction in a bad way.

I’m sorry you had to deal with a buyer like that. It’s the gamble each of us faces when that yellow line starts flashing letting us know there’s a new order. 😕

Archived