****Some BUYERS on FIVERR are not HONEST***

dybe_jobs

AS at the time of writing this, my nerves are already cooled down… 😁

Some buyers are not completely honest at all. I may be wrong but what pains me more is the fact that communication is supposed to be a two wall street yet, these buyers ply one way all the time.

So, a buyer decides to contact me about needing a transcriber to transcribe about 50 audio files of no longer than 30 minutes each. She asked that I give her the cost and I obliged.

After waiting from several hours a day or two, I had to send the buyer a reminder to get back to me the minute she saw my message with the words “please”

What did I get in return? 3 LETTERED WORDS - 3! which read, “Already given Out”

Maybe I shouldn’t get personal with this, right? I mean, a little, ‘Oh, my apologies. I couldn’t get in touch with you for so and so reasons…’

Let me know what you guys think.

Yes, in a true professional environment, you might expect a “Thank your time, sorry but I have decided to hire someone else…” kind of response, but please do realize, this is a online market.

She might have been chatting with a LOT of sellers simultaneously, do you seriously expect her to sit and write “Thank you” letters to everyone?

This is what I do, me and a buyer has conversation, I keep the conversation in my inbox for up to 2 hours perhaps.

Then if no more response, I simply hit this button:

image.png.94e8a85f7f3af4722afec6de507fd9cb.png

The end.

Guest offlinehelpers

Please don’t take it personally.

Buyers often ask questions, get quotes etc. and don’t come back to you. I never get back to them after their initial inquiry as I feel the ball’s in their court whether they want to order or not, after they’ve had the info they asked for.

You may have been one of several the buyer approached - she found somebody else that’s all!

Don’t dwell on it! 🙂

I don’t see how that is not honest though?
Annoying, sure but not dishonest.

Whenever I am buying something offline, I don’t go back to each person I have had a 30 second interaction with to explain my reasons for not buying from them. I don’t know why you would expect it here. A message from a buyer is just a message, it’s 0 commitment and you should put in a little effort to entice the client but after you have responded there is no point really thinking about it again IMO.

Guest phantompower

I had a buyer ask me to do work and when I asked them to pay, they responded the same way… “Already gave someone else”. Two days later the same buyer contacted me and was asking me to do the same work that he had already given to someone else. My response was “Sorry but I already did the work for another buyer” The buyer then asked for a refund for work that he had not paid for… I began laughing knocked over my keyboard. And that is where babies come from… PS I am not encouraging anyone to do what I did because lightning might strike you.

I had a buyer ask me to do work and when I asked them to pay, they responded the same way… “Already gave someone else”. Two days later the same buyer contacted me and was asking me to do the same work that he had already given to someone else. My response was “Sorry but I already did the work for another buyer” The buyer then asked for a refund for work that he had not paid for… I began laughing knocked over my keyboard. And that is where babies come from… PS I am not encouraging anyone to do what I did because lightning might strike you.

hahaha…i had a good laugh with you reply here.

Thanks anyway.

I don’t see how that is not honest though?

Annoying, sure but not dishonest.

Whenever I am buying something offline, I don’t go back to each person I have had a 30 second interaction with to explain my reasons for not buying from them. I don’t know why you would expect it here. A message from a buyer is just a message, it’s 0 commitment and you should put in a little effort to entice the client but after you have responded there is no point really thinking about it again IMO.

Perhaps ANNOYING is more accurate. IMO, If she was comparing prices, then it would have been nice to say, “I would get back to you”…I prefer that answer way more compared to “already given out” …

Buying offline is way different from buying online - One deals with real interaction between both parties and the other, you guessed it right. A little more courtesy from buyers here on Fiverr helps sellers a lot.

Thanks anyway for your thoughts.

Please don’t take it personally.

Buyers often ask questions, get quotes etc. and don’t come back to you. I never get back to them after their initial inquiry as I feel the ball’s in their court whether they want to order or not, after they’ve had the info they asked for.

You may have been one of several the buyer approached - she found somebody else that’s all!

Don’t dwell on it! 🙂

Oh yeah. I’m not taking it personal anymore 😁

Perhaps my conversation style is different. I follow up on prospective customers a lot. This has proved to be useful overtime to me.

Thanks for your contribution (see what I mean?)

Yes, in a true professional environment, you might expect a “Thank your time, sorry but I have decided to hire someone else…” kind of response, but please do realize, this is a online market.

She might have been chatting with a LOT of sellers simultaneously, do you seriously expect her to sit and write “Thank you” letters to everyone?

This is what I do, me and a buyer has conversation, I keep the conversation in my inbox for up to 2 hours perhaps.

Then if no more response, I simply hit this button:

7b50cdb7e5ffae043e0af97442cfb8d93b3faff1.png

The end.

Yes, I understand this is an online market and one might not have enough time to go through all sellers. However, you do have to realize that it’s different when a buyer sends you a message personally and when they use the buyer request feature where you get to send them your proposal before they get back to you (that’s even if they choose to do so).

Usually, If I make the first move to make contact, I am not so bothered about whether or not I get a reply. … the other way round, I feel the conversation cycle has to be complete.

Anyways, thanks for your thought on this.

I would not have messaged her after I gave the cost except to ask if she has any questions and if I got no answer I would forget about it.

They are not under any obligation to answer. Yours gave you a reply so that was nice of her.

Perhaps I’d do better next time with such type of conversation.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this.

LOL. See this man, you no know where you dey o. But how all of ona carry reach here? Ona one colonize this place join? 😁

However, I understand your plight; I’ve had such experiences with buyers. They seem to want to get the “apparent” best out of the lot. That may be one of the reasons they communicate with multiple sellers at the same time.

Take it professionally, not personally 😇

Fire down.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha! I know that buyer. She was somehow rude to me as well. She asked me for the price. I gave her mine then asked what her budget was. She replied with, ‘‘Hi. I asked for your best offer and you issued it. I thank you for that. I have 23 others willing for the budget I put on the request form. Thanks’’ I found that response unnecessary. Mind you the budget on the request form was so low, I thought it was a joke.

Haha! I know that buyer. She was somehow rude to me as well. She asked me for the price. I gave her mine then asked what her budget was. She replied with, ‘‘Hi. I asked for your best offer and you issued it. I thank you for that. I have 23 others willing for the budget I put on the request form. Thanks’’ I found that response unnecessary. Mind you the budget on the request form was so low, I thought it was a joke.

I’m glad you know the buyer. I’m creating a new topic shortly and I hope Fiverr does justice to it.

I get this all the time even after replying to them within a matter of minutes as it’s really urgent it’s frustrating but don’t dwell on it you are not alone focus your energy into being a great seller xx

of course @tarnia That’s definitely what I’m turning myself into.

• 4 months later...
Guest larrytressler

Regarding voice-over work… Has anyone been in a situation where a client wants you to send an audition of their actual script, then they use your free audition for their project and don’t’ pay anything? It seems an easy thing for a dishonest client to do.

Regarding voice-over work… Has anyone been in a situation where a client wants you to send an audition of their actual script, then they use your free audition for their project and don’t’ pay anything? It seems an easy thing for a dishonest client to do.

It seems an easy thing for a dishonest client to do.

It’s easy because there are plenty of desperate sellers willing to take the risk. Sometimes it ends with a successful order, but quite often it doesn’t. There are plenty of posts here where a seller got scammed and even more replies saying not to do it.

Guest larrytressler

This happened to me. A client posted a job for recording telephone voicemail prompts. (Only 2 sentences.) 2 days after auditioning, the job was canceled. Just for fun, I called the company after business hours and heard my voice on their message. I contacted them, and the took it down. But it still made me upset. Any more, when a new or unexperienced client wants an audition of the entire script, it sends up a red flag to me. I will usually send them half or 2/3 of the script and tell them that I am sending a partial script sample. Although I’m sure it has cost me some jobs for not following the clients instructions exactly.

This happened to me. A client posted a job for recording telephone voicemail prompts. (Only 2 sentences.) 2 days after auditioning, the job was canceled. Just for fun, I called the company after business hours and heard my voice on their message. I contacted them, and the took it down. But it still made me upset. Any more, when a new or unexperienced client wants an audition of the entire script, it sends up a red flag to me. I will usually send them half or 2/3 of the script and tell them that I am sending a partial script sample. Although I’m sure it has cost me some jobs for not following the clients instructions exactly.

Although I’m sure it has cost me some jobs for not following the clients instructions exactly.

A client who’s actually interested in your service will not ask you to audition for them for free. If you have sample clips then it should be enough for them to decide if they want to hire you or not. If it isn’t then they will request a sample and pay for it.

That being said, if you want to offer free samples then that’s fine, but it’s a risk and it’s up to you if you want to take it.

Hi sorry to hijack your post but I have a seller who is not closing the order -paid and she has declined my dispute. She is asking me to give her more work promising to do a better job next time…ya sure I say with a great deal of sarcasm. How do I report her I think her reviews are fake and she is also asking me not to leave a review? Very disappointed that Fivver has not responded to my dispute!!!

Hi sorry to hijack your post but I have a seller who is not closing the order -paid and she has declined my dispute. She is asking me to give her more work promising to do a better job next time…ya sure I say with a great deal of sarcasm. How do I report her I think her reviews are fake and she is also asking me not to leave a review? Very disappointed that Fivver has not responded to my dispute!!!

Very disappointed that Fivver has not responded to my dispute!!!

How do I report her

You already reported it. They will respond eventually or if not it’s possible they don’t think your complaint has merit.

Archived