Some feedback from a new seller

As there is no feedback forum, I thought I would place some ideas here:

1. I want a list of conferencing services I use on my profile (MS-Teams, Zoom, TeamSpeak, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and other MSG platforms, Google Duo…)
  2. The Gig Title forces lower case in MS-Edge. Please fix.
  3. A way to link my LinkedIn profile
  4. Let me propose new Search Tags (DLT, RFID, Blockchain and more)
  5. Let me choose the gig currency to match my country
  6. Let me define working hours & holidays in a calendar. Buyers from different timezones need to know this. The way this works today is very simplistic.
  7. Messages from new and past buyers messages need to be received by the seller at all times, even when not working. Send an out-of-office notice so the buyer can either wait (in the case of a returning buyer) or continue to search for a different seller.

I am honestly surprised. It though someone revived an ancient topic after reading first post.

Low case in gig titles is like that forever.
Selective gig currency will only create confusion to buyer.
You can link all your social media but it will not be accessible to buyers due to privacy settings on Fiverr, you are not “suppose” to share your true identity to buyer.

You can put your working hours in GIg description or FAQ.

Fiverr rating depends on how fast you respond to messages. Having auto-reply system kills the statistics for ratings.

As there is no feedback forum, I thought I would place some ideas here:

1. I want a list of conferencing services I use on my profile (MS-Teams, Zoom, TeamSpeak, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and other MSG platforms, Google Duo…)
  2. The Gig Title forces lower case in MS-Edge. Please fix.
  3. A way to link my LinkedIn profile
  4. Let me propose new Search Tags (DLT, RFID, Blockchain and more)
  5. Let me choose the gig currency to match my country
  6. Let me define working hours & holidays in a calendar. Buyers from different timezones need to know this. The way this works today is very simplistic.
  7. Messages from new and past buyers messages need to be received by the seller at all times, even when not working. Send an out-of-office notice so the buyer can either wait (in the case of a returning buyer) or continue to search for a different seller.

Here are a few of my thoughts!

I want a list of conferencing services I use on my profile (MS-Teams, Zoom, TeamSpeak, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and other MSG platforms, Google Duo…)

Contacting with buyers outside of the Fiverr platform (except for zoom meetings with V.I.D. Buyers) is not allowed. So this feature probably won’t be added anytime soon!

Let me propose new Search Tags (DLT, RFID, Blockchain and more)

I believe this is already an option. When you type search tags that aren’t already there, it still adds them. For example, one of my search tags for my Kahoot gig is “Kahoot” which wasn’t a premade tag, but I can still use it!

Let me define working hours & holidays in a calendar.

As a freelancer, many of us (or at least me) don’t really have working hours. I wouldn’t want to lose a client just because he messages me when I’m sleeping. I can still wake up in the morning and respond, but buyers might feel unwelcome to send messages if it says that your working hours are over.

For the holidays, many people just tend to go OOO or pause their gigs. When you do this, you can leave a little note in your profile that says “I’m on vacation for the holidays” or something similar.

Messages from new and past buyers messages need to be received by the seller at all times, even when not working. Send an out-of-office notice so the buyer can either wait (in the case of a returning buyer) or continue to search for a different seller.

I’m a little confused by what you mean, but I’m assuming that you want to be able to receive messages even when you’re out of office. If so, this already exists. When you go OOO, there’s an option to allow new messages.

As for returning buyers, they can message you whenever they want, even when you’re OOO, but there will be a little purple briefcase next to your name that lets them know you’re OOO.

For what it’s worth, point 6 is one that I especially would like to see developed.

It’s all very well people saying you can choose which days and hours you work, you can write this into your gig description, adjust your delivery times, put Out of Office mode on, etc. Well, yes but no.

The clear expectation (as Fiver is a mature platform and in a decade or so of existence it hasn’t developed a calendar system) is that sellers will be available at the back and call of buyers day in day out. To my mind this is borne out by these examples>>> in the event of a revision request, sellers are given 24 hours to sort it. In order to protect message stats, sellers have to respond within 24 hours etc.

However, the reason that most workplaces in the Western world operate a five day working week (or some four longer days) is that it is well recognised that we all need regular periods of rest. While Fiverr is my freelancing platform of choice, it can be relentless.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, krheate said:

Contacting with buyers outside of the Fiverr platform (except for zoom meetings with V.I.D. Buyers) is not allowed. So this feature probably won’t be added anytime soon!

Fiverr allows users to link Twitter and Facebook to their profile, both of these external services allow for direct communication outside of Fiverr. I would assume linking these to your profile to help you promote your profile and Gigs.

I’m just joined today, so I may be missing something, and still discovering Fiverr.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:16 PM, marinapomorac said:

Fiverr rating depends on how fast you respond to messages. Having auto-reply system kills the statistics for ratings.

Thanks, I did not realise this aspect of the platform.

I’m just joined today, so I may be missing something, and still discovering Fiverr.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, timothy_cox said:
Fiverr allows users to link Twitter and Facebook to their profile, both of these external services allow for direct communication outside of Fiverr.

You can link all your social media but it will not be accessible to buyers due to privacy settings on Fiverr

As stated above, even if you do link your social media, the buyers won’t have access to it. 

Those are profile verification links. Not permitted interaction links.

Here, this should help some: fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421198-Seller-FAQs

Thank you, I’m still learning about Fiverr and appreciate all the responses.

In the Terms of Service it does allow for ’ Shipping Physical Deliverables’, which implies direct communication between the seller and the buyer to get the name, address and in many cases the contact phone number at the delivery address.

And is supported by:

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

And reading further it states:

Confidentiality

Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.

And this is at odds with the following found in User Conduct and Protection/Basics

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Also, it states

Sellers may not promote their Gigs or any Fiverr content via the Google Ads platform.

This is very specific and I cannot find any reference to any social media or other platforms.

YES! Someone else who’s also read the ToS! THANK YOU.

That said, yes those are allowed, but in VERY specific conditions. The previous link I shared has a list at the very end, for example, of links you can legitimately use in a gig. Physical shipping, to the best of my knowledge, is most often used in product photography. Addresses are also needed for business designs like flyers and business cards.

These are, therefore, not provided for the purpose of communication, but for the purpose of providing a service.

As for reference to social media, here: fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478-The-How-Tos-of-advertising-off-the-Fiverr-platform which is also not about communicating, but marketing and drawing in new clients.

YES! Someone else who’s also read the ToS! THANK YOU.

That said, yes those are allowed, but in VERY specific conditions. The previous link I shared has a list at the very end, for example, of links you can legitimately use in a gig. Physical shipping, to the best of my knowledge, is most often used in product photography. Addresses are also needed for business designs like flyers and business cards.

These are, therefore, not provided for the purpose of communication, but for the purpose of providing a service.

As for reference to social media, here: fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478-The-How-Tos-of-advertising-off-the-Fiverr-platform which is also not about communicating, but marketing and drawing in new clients.

Touché 🙂

So, as long as the service being provided requires the use of services outside of Fiverr to complete the buyer’s order, it is allowed. As physical shipping is only one example of such a service, one example in my case is to get onto a video conference with the buyer to provide advice directly with the buyer.

So communicating with the buyer outside Fiverr is not possible (no issues with this), but using services outside of Fiverr to fulfil an order place on Fiverr does not seem to violate the ToS.

One final and rather a picky point, they need to update their ToS as Flash player is dead and buried, and Microsoft forced deleted Flash from Windows 10 computers around Christmas 2020.

Make sure your Flash is up to date on your computer. Flash normally updates automatically for most modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox) but may still have limitations in older versions of modern browsers (Internet Explorer).

Archived