Some fiverr vendor are good sports some are bad, the end. Please lock this thanks!

I was browsing the animation section looking through logo animations and saw the same animation offered by different sellers. Note these are two different users and both claims for custom logo animation and other bs they feed you. Its a nice way of saying “here let me make a custom copy and paste for you for 5 or 10 dollars.” I swear some people out there are either really non technical or have deep pockets to burn. I won’t name these sellers because its really none of my business or do I really care if you guys think I’m telling the truth or not. I just wanted to rant.

Edited:
Changed the title because its the users on fiverr not actually the platform purposely allowing shady deals.

I can’t see a problem with more than one seller offering the same logo animation so long as they have the appropriate commercial licence for the animation.

How much do you think a template based logo animation should cost, or indeed a custom one?

No, the worst part is I never got an item, put in a dispute, seller declined the dispute, and kept telling me it was being sent, and now I’m outside of the window for anything. I’m seriously upset right now, as I’d ordered an anniversary gift, and never got it. Out money for nothing.

Fiverr is shady and does not care about the people using the service.

Am sure Customer Support can help you with this.

I don’t think any one would see a problem with more than one seller offering the same logo animation with appropriate license, but thanks for point it out. As for your other question I wouldn’t know, some people like different artistic style than the other, its same for the animation directions. Who knows some people will pay a fortune if it comes out exactly the way they wanted, hard to say.

I’m not looking for a logo service at all, I just see a lot of this going on in fiverr wanted to rant.

Wrong thread buddy you should try to get on the phone or pay with paypal next time.

“won’t name these sellers”

And why would you? It’s almost ALL of them.

Fiverr isn’t shady place, but there are some shady users out there. I think that those who know what they are doing (buyers) can dance through all of this. But to the uninitiated there can be some problems on the road ahead.

Yea you are right should of probably worded it differently in the title. Its the users that are shady not the platform. My bad.

“how much do you think a template based animation should cost?”

Well, $40-$70, plus a Fiver. That’s usually the price for a commercial, single use (!) license.

There are programs which don’t have a single use commercial licence fee for each intro made, but from ‘the usual marketplace’, you’re absolutely right!

c’mon none of them is purchasing a $20-$30 license and then sell that template edit for $5.

Let’s not use that excuse anymore. :slight_smile:

No - I’m not excusing anybody for doing that. I use a program for intros where I’ve paid for the commercial licence and can create as many intros I like - it’s not envato or anything like that, but I agree with you completely about buying one licence and using it multiple times.

This issue is not limited to Fiverr, it is just more obvious here as sellers show what they offer in pre-packaged gigs rather than responding to job postings like on other sites. You can be sure the same or similar unlicensed material is used there too. The reality is that people need to know what they are buying, to check what limitations/restrictions/costs are involved and not just jump blindly into something because they see a “too-good-to-turn-down” offer.
Let the buyer beware is in force in almost every marketplace and Fiverr is no different.

The issue is never selling prepackaged gigs its repackaging prepackaged animations as custom. Just don’t call it or implying its custom made, of course that would never happen so that’s why I am ranting.

Gotcha - so by using the word ‘custom’ it gives the impression that the animation is unique, which for $5 or $10 is unrealistic as you quite rightly said.

Thank you for explaining it for us!

If bakeries can call cakes custom made because they write my name with the frosting then I guess technically an animation can be called custom when they add in my company logo.
Ridiculous, not what the buyer understands from the description etc, but probably not misleading ENOUGH to warrant removal unfortunately.

When I read things like this I always think of the movie Elf, where Elf finds “the worlds greatest coffee” and is really excited and takes someone there expecting them to be overjoyed too. People generally don’t give the most informative or honest description to something they are trying to sell.

Of course you can call it what ever you want but it still not custom. Just because you guys decides to call it that doesn’t mean its true. If you want to call a cake with your name written on it custom made be my guest, but at the end of the day every one knows its just a piece cake with your name on it. [quote=“eoinfinnegan, post:18, topic:114674”]
When I read things like this I always think of the movie Elf, where Elf finds “the worlds greatest coffee” and is really excited and takes someone there expecting them to be overjoyed too. People generally don’t give the most informative or honest description to something they are trying to sell.
[/quote]

What why I started this thread, thank you for point that out again.

Wait as a moderator on here you are actually defending users who does this as its some sort of legitimate marketing? What about all the other users who actually put hard work into their drawing or art stroke by stroke minute by minute? Did a fiverr mod just say its the buyers fault for not understand whats a already a misleading description of the product? So its okay on fiverr to make your service misleading for money grab but not misleading enough for removal?

Ridiculous, not what the buyer understands from the description etc, but probably not misleading ENOUGH to warrant removal unfortunately.

I think there’s perhaps some confusion about the definition of the word custom in this discussion.

From dictionary.com
custom - made specially for individual customers
unique - existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics

It could be argued that personalizing an intro animation with a client’s logo is creating a custom intro, although its style may not be unique.