Fiverr Community Forum

Some free advice for Sellers

I use Fiverr to buy as well as to sell my services. Most of my experiences as a Buyer have been good, however, sometimes I’ve decided not to work with a Seller for one simple reason.

The utter lack of professionalism.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect you to talk like a butler when I greet you. But when I approach a Seller, I use professional language. I’m here to talk business, after all, and potentially give you my money for a service. When I send a message, I expect the same kind of respect in return.

If you’re a Seller, please:

• Be professional.
  • Thank the buyer for contacting you.
  • Answer their questions to the best of your ability.
  • Use proper grammar and spelling. If it isn’t your strong suit, install Grammarly. It’s free.
  • Be friendly and attentive to their needs.
  • If you must reject or refuse them, do so politely and apologise for the inconvenience.
  • Continue with the above behaviour DURING the order.

Bad experiences make us ALL look bad, and many people use Fiverr as their main form of income. You can potentially lose clients if you can’t even be bothered to send a proper message, and then you’ll wonder why you aren’t getting enough orders.

This isn’t an attack on anyone, and I appreciate there are cultural and linguistic differences. But if you’re hoping to succeed in the market, follow some basic Seller rules that will help you get more orders and make more money.

Thank you for reading!

49 Likes

Great advice! it’s help me as a seller!

4 Likes

If I may add: Be honest.

Stay professional and polite, but if a buyer asks if you are able to do something that you’re not sure about or can’t, say so. Don’t think that “I’ll loose them as a client”, because if you can’t do the work, they aren’t your client in the first place. Taking on the work means risking cancellation or a bad review.

Yes, the Buyer might move on, but they also might be willing to alter their requirements if it’s not a key component.

16 Likes

This is key. I’ve done deals multiple times, where client wanted ‘X’, and that wasn’t a good fit for what we do, and after talking with them and figuring out what they really needed, they went with ‘Y’ that was a great fit for us instead, and were very happy with the end results.

9 Likes

Thanks for your great advice. It will help everyone who wants to sell their service by Fiverr. Appreciated.

3 Likes

Thanks for your good advice

2 Likes

Thank you so much for share your advice

3 Likes

:heartbeat: :revolving_hearts: :heart_eyes: and Again Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for your nice advice. will follow your advice.

3 Likes

Really good advice for a seller.

1 Like

Yes, definitely! :clap:t2: Thank you for your input!

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice, it’s very important to be polite

1 Like

True factors we all needed to be a follow as a good seller.

3 Likes

Really helpful and great advice. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience @poppyr

2 Likes

@poppyr and @imagination7413 thanks both of you for the tips that will be helpful for me as a seller.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advices.

1 Like

Thanks for your great advice. It will help everyone who wants to sell their service by Fiverr. Appreciated.

3 Likes

Thanks for your very very good advice!

1 Like

really appreciate Thank you

1 Like