Fiverr Community Forum

Some sellers are making duplicates of their own gig to get sales

Right now, I just came across a seller in my niche. This person has 4 gigs. And all of them are very very similar. In fact, 3 of them are targeting the exact same results. Furthermore, 2 of the gigs are literally the same. Same prices, same images, and the same title, just added the word ‘amazing’ in between.
This is not the first time I’ve seen something like this. There are many more instances where I search for something and there is always one person who appears multiple times in the search results.
The problem is that there is no way to report these gigs. There are only 4 categories to report a gig in, and none of them is relevant.
Do they really think their strategy can work? Because I believe it’s better to have 20 reviews on one gig than to have a few on each.
What are your thoughts about it? Thank you.

Try with Non Original Content.

1 Like

Pretty sure creating duplicates of the same gig is against the rules. You are not allowed to provide the same service multiple times.

1 Like

From another thread back in 2018/19.

1 Like

When I had some issues with my gigs a while ago CS told me directly that I can’t have 2 gigs which deliver the same word count. So… take that as you will :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was told that I should diversify the gigs… which is something you are already doing.
You also differentiate 300, 500 (1 SEO, 1 game), and 1000 word counts… and topics.
Nevertheless, I don’t think there is anything wrong… as long the gigs are “different” enough in theme. Which is what I intend to do, 15th next month.

3 Likes

I currently have 9 Gigs I’m promoting.

Each is about web content writing but there are slight differences to each.

I thought that (not only to stay within the confines of the ToS) I could widen the net I’m casting by offering a handful of optional Gigs with the same basic niche.

The Seller you are talking about is probably trying to create a larger footprint on Fiverr (as I’m attempting) but has done so in an non-creative manner.

I would imagine someone will report this individual eventually.

If I were you, I’d take the idea he/she is using and expand your Gig offerings but do it so that you meet the ToS.

5 Likes