Some Tips for Time Zone differences

I get a fair amount of orders and messages from the land down under where local time there is 15 hours ahead of me. 11am Thursday for me is 3am Friday for them. Even London is 5 hours ahead of me.

So…

• I’ve added “I am NYC time zone” to my gigs.
  • When I message, I put DAY, DATE, TIME at the top of my message.
  • I no longer say 'I’ll have it for you on Friday."
  • I give those orders more priority to compensate for the time difference.

Those are all good ideas, especially since time differences can cause problems and confusion regarding deadlines. If a buyer has a specific deadline, I always make sure to include my time zone when communicating about expected delivery times or deadlines. Or sometimes it’s easier to communicate in terms of hours instead of times. For example, I might say that I’ll be able to deliver their order within the next 24 hours.

Making sure that both you and the buyer are on the same page about when things can be expected to be done in regards to different time zones can definitely help to save you from accidentally missing a deadline or unknowingly promising a delivery sooner than you can actually deliver.

Do you know if the ‘day’ the Gig is due is based on your local profile time?

Fantastic ideas. Aussie clients will often say “I need this by Wednesday.” I’ll think they mean my Wednesday (EST), while they will consider me late. Very tricky sometimes!

Awesome Idea !

Thank you so much @Voiceoverwork & @nickih !

Your post gave me solution to my zone-problems :smiley:

Hi,

Nice tip voiceoverwork hope you its help a lot sellers

Thank you very much for the tip…:slight_smile:

That’s not a bad idea, although it’s never been an issue for me.

I like to minimize communication as much as possible. I just want them to give me instructions and let me work.

Great tip. Or you could say you’ll finish it in (___) number of days :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the Tip