Someone Hacked My Account and Stole My Money

kamhunt

to have a payment withdrawn to paypal they needed to hack your Fiverr account and your email address used so that they could “verify” the withdrawal. So it wasn’t just fiverr, it was your email service too.

Did you click on a bad link and have a virus?

Thanks for responding. The most recent weird message was from Fiverr and it was from someone looking to buy a service. I clicked the link, it took me to Fiverr but the message was gone.

Uh oh. Did that link ask you to login to Fiverr?

In the mean time change your password right away.

I’ve also gotten some pretty unofficial looking communication from Fiverr. I don’t think it’s them.

I just want the money back. I did a lot of work. Can someone from Fiverr please contact me asap?!

Actually I caught the hack early, contacted Fiverr to change my paypal email but they did not respond.

yea never do that. If you get a message from fiverr about any service, never click the link. open a fresh browser page and go to fiverr manually to check on that.

If you get a message from fiverr about any service, never click the link.

I got confused here. So, you mean Fiverr would send a link we are not supposed to click? 😱

The crazier part was I received an email saying, “Withdrawl was successful”

and then another email 10 minutes later saying, “There was system error. The funds will be returned within a few days”

All these messages appear to be from Fiverr.

because they take 24-48 hours to get back to you. You could have changed your paypal address yourself in the settings.

https://www.fiverr.com/users/kamhunt/edit/ billing

Actually, I need to change my Paypal details but when I have tried previously, I get a message from Fiverr saying that I need to confirm a link which they have sent to my existing Paypal address. - Basically, I can’t do that as the reason I want to change my address is because I don’t have access to the old one.

This does confuse me somewhat as I see this as a security loophole in itself. I.e. if I clicked ‘yes’ would an email get sent to my old Paypal which (if someone had access to that account) they could then click on to access my Fiverr account without entering my Fiverr password?

Actually, I need to change my Paypal details but when I have tried previously, I get a message from Fiverr saying that I need to confirm a link which they have sent to my existing Paypal address. - Basically, I can’t do that as the reason I want to change my address is because I don’t have access to the old one.

This does confuse me somewhat as I see this as a security loophole in itself. I.e. if I clicked ‘yes’ would an email get sent to my old Paypal which (if someone had access to that account) they could then click on to access my Fiverr account without entering my Fiverr password?

interesting, when I go to change mine it just goes to phone verification and I put in my code.

Thanks for responding. The most recent weird message was from Fiverr and it was from someone looking to buy a service. I clicked the link, it took me to Fiverr but the message was gone.

Screenshot_20170629-151817.thumb.png.220fc6e9132323b54b0548198e9053c6.png

Did you get messages of this kind? Though it’s not exact but similar. It’s the first message from hackers that I encountered on Fiverr so far. The system saved me so promptly, I actually really grateful for it. (And shame on such illiterate douchebags on the internet sitting with some software thinking that they’ll get it by tricking people)

And I think from your example they were basically pulling you to a phishing page.

Archived