Fiverr Forum

Someone has copied my ENTIRE gig description word for word

I am blown away by the audacity of someone to do that, especially since it appears the seller may be planning on reselling my gig. That seller purchased from me about a month ago and I see that is about the time the seller made a sale on that gig.

I messaged the seller and said I trust that the description will be removed and it has been 3 days and nothing has been done.

That left me with only one avenue and that is to report it to customer service. Unbelievable!

Ok rant over.

Just go to CS, don’t bother messaging the seller as I have found it doesn’t go well.
Show proof that you wrote it first but unfortunately there is no guarantee it will be removed.
I still have two copycats for gigs I have reported…

I was hoping to just resolve it nicely @eoinfinnegan but then again I suppose that someone that would do something like that has no interest in doing things nicely.

I just hope it is removed :frowning:

It happens to lots of sellers. The problem is that customer support has no way of knowing who copied whom.

I think a way to know who´s copying whom is a number of reviews, ´´hearts´´ and completed orders.

I recently contacted a user who was not only copying other gigs description but also stole my presentation video and my photo description!

When I asked why is he stealing my gig. He just asked ´´Wich one?´´ meaning he´s obviously stealing from more people. I reported him to CS and the gig disappear, but he still there.

I´ve had copycat and they had 2 to zero sells or reviews within that gig. Besides having a totally under quoted selling price, very different to the one I have.

I believe that people who do this have to be completely banned from the site.

Contact CS. Report him. Thieves are the worst.

@indieoven well that seller only has 2 reviews on the gig and those are from a month ago. I added my gig to Fiverr last year and I have more than 100 positive reviews… so here’s hoping that something is done.

Perhaps what may also count in my favor is that I told customer service I sent a message telling the seller to remove my description and that message was not responded to. They can check my messages I’m sure :slight_smile:

Specially gig description doest have any copyright
But if you feel its your own you can file a complain

From the ToS:
Users may report Gigs to Customer Support that may be in violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service based on the reported Gig’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Gigs).

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

I have this problem too.

Oh, I don’t think so. They have a track record of gig modifications because Fiverr Editorial Team evaluates the modified gigs before relisting them.