Someone ordered multiple gigs, delivery time didn't increase

ctsisson

I have a copyediting gig. In my basic service, I edit up to 1,000 words in 24 hours. Any document longer than that requires additional days to complete. This morning I woke up to a huge order - someone had ordered my gig 14 times. I now have 24 hours to edit a 14,000 word document (48 pages long). There is simply no way that I can possibly complete this order within this time frame. I have many other orders to complete, and I also work a full time job. I requested the delivery time be extended, but if the buyer doesn’t respond/comply, what are my options? Cancel the gig and hurt my rankings?

How was the buyer even able to make this purchase to begin with? I normally charge a fee for expedited delivery. Are buyers able to get around the fee by ordering gig multiples? This does not seem fair for sellers.

I haven’t enabled that feature because the number of orders I can accommodate at once really depends on the length. I regularly shut off my gigs when I am at full capacity. I didn’t even know it was possible for a buyer to purchase 14 at one time.

If you can’t do 14 orders at the same time, limit the amount of orders you have. That tool is there for a reason.

I don’t think that’s the point. The problem stems from the buyer’s ability to order that many at one time (single order x14) and the gig timeline doesn’t increase to account for the additional word count to be edited.

This is why all of my gigs are set to more than 2 days. I had a real issue with this in the beginning, and decided the only way to relieve the pressure on myself was to increase how long it took me for cases such as this.

OP, my suggestion would be to bite the bullet and cancel the order. Explain to the buyer that you’re doing this because there is no way to complete such an order in the time frame requested. You may also gently suggest that, with such a large project, they reach out to sellers BEFORE ordering to ensure such work can be done in the timeframe they need it in. Let them know that this keeps them from having to reorder from sellers who cancel and losing the fee each time.

This is my opinion, but I hope whatever you do, it works out. Good luck!

I would contact CS and ask them to cancel the orders.

If it were only 1 or 2 that needed to be cancelled, then doing it yourself would probably be best. But this is 14 separate orders, all of which are going to affect your profile. It doesn’t seem sensible to let yourself be punished 14 times because of a buyer either not understanding how the site works, or trying to get more work as quickly as possible.

I would contact CS and ask them to cancel the orders.

If it were only 1 or 2 that needed to be cancelled, then doing it yourself would probably be best. But this is 14 separate orders, all of which are going to affect your profile. It doesn’t seem sensible to let yourself be punished 14 times because of a buyer either not understanding how the site works, or trying to get more work as quickly as possible.

Thank you! This may be a stupid question, but how do I contact CS? I have never had to do this before.

Thank you! This may be a stupid question, but how do I contact CS? I have never had to do this before.

There are two ways you can do that:

1. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/ At the bottom of the page there’s a “contact us” button, which allows you to create a ticket
  2. Send an email to support@fiverr.com.

If you submit a ticket, there don’t seem to be any sub-categories that fit this situation perfectly, but I would choose these ones and then explain the issue in detail in the description:

image.png.1e522824de032c6ac61f657b62bdfeb9.png
image841×384 13.9 KB

Edit: I should add, CS may take up to 10 days to respond. Your orders may end up displaying as late because of that, but I would just be patient and wait for their response. If they do cancel the orders (which they probably will), the orders being late won’t matter.

A single large order x 14

Then my previous advice stands…

If you have the wiggle room to cancel the order, I would. Given that Fiverr’s turnaround time to answer requests is currently more than 24 hours, the order would be considered late and the buyer could hit you with an automatic late delivery feedback. While you should still reach out to CS about the matter (maybe they’ll see that a request such as this in 24 hours is impossible), they may just help reset the completion rate. I don’t count on that but it is hit or miss.

Archived