Something needs to be done with spammers

johntandy

I registered on June 14 and have gotten nothing except spam messages from buyers, such as:

1. Asking to borrow my PC using Teamviewer
  2. Asking to chat/video with s***e.
  3. Another asked me to create an account for him/her in another freelance website telling me his/her account was suspended and promised 30 dollar in return.
  4. A very rude english woman contacted me and asked me something, a minute later she said she didn’t need my work and didn’t gave me time to reply.
    Of course I ignored all those spam buyers but my response rate dropped.

I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to BLOCK spammers or anyone who writes me with weird requirements, so they can’t see my profile or Gigs?
  2. I want to know how to delete my account because it seems I will NOT have any luck here, not just deactivate.

Thanks, for your help

So, only BAD and dissapointing experiences.

I registered on June 14 and have gotten nothing except spam messages from buyers, such as:

1. Asking to borrow my PC using Teamviewer
  2. Asking to chat/video with s***e.
  3. Another asked me to create an account for him/her in another freelance website telling me his/her account was suspended and promised 30 dollar in return.
  4. A very rude english woman contacted me and asked me something, a minute later she said she didn’t need my work and didn’t gave me time to reply.

I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to BLOCK spammers or anyone who writes me with weird requirements, so they can’t see my profile or Gigs?
  2. I want to know how to delete my account because it seems I will NOT have any luck here, not just deactivate.

Thanks, for your help

So, only BAD and dissapointing experiences.

Why not just respond with “No thanks” and then ignore OR report them as spam.

Doing so will protect your response rate which is only calculated on your first response.

Is there any way to BLOCK spammers or anyone who writes me with weird requirements, so they can’t see my profile or Gigs?

No, there isn’t a way to stop certain people from seeing you.

I want to know how to delete my account because it seems I will NOT have any luck here, not just deactivate.

I presume you have seen this - https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/closing-your-account-change-username

Why do you feel you need to “delete” and “not just deactivate” your account? I don’t believe there is any way of reactivating an account so it is basically deleting.

Why not just respond with “No thanks” and then ignore OR report them as spam.

Doing so will protect your response rate which is only calculated on your first response.

Is there any way to BLOCK spammers or anyone who writes me with weird requirements, so they can’t see my profile or Gigs?

No, there isn’t a way to stop certain people from seeing you.

I want to know how to delete my account because it seems I will NOT have any luck here, not just deactivate.

I presume you have seen this - https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/closing-your-account-change-username

Why do you feel you need to “delete” and “not just deactivate” your account? I don’t believe there is any way of reactivating an account so it is basically deleting.

I want to delete my account because I have only received spam. A haven’t received any orders.

From the looks of it you just started. Orders don’t magically appear as buyers shop around to find freelancers that will help them make ends meet. To top it off you’re offering services in highly competitive categories. There are forum topics on the matter that will help you get the most out of your account so try to give it another go.

I see you joined Fiverr just last month. It took me 45 days to get my first order in August of 2017. Now I am a level 2 seller and have completed 166 orders. To succeed I had to work hard at making my gigs better. I just updated one of them today and redid all of them less than a week ago. I learned a lot from hanging out on the Forum and learning information through reading the posts.

Paul our resident elf :elf:t2: getting rid of your spammers.

An often overlooked part of delivering great work is getting the right amount of information from the buyer to create a high-quality deliverable. Fortunately, Fiverr makes this easy to do, through the “Requirements” form. You can get into quite a high level of detail in the form and make the questions fairly precise, rather than just having one “tell me what you need” field. I thought it might be useful to share the types of questions we ask in our requirements forms, especially if they have b…

Archived