I want to start off by saying that I LOVE fiverr so much . I think that it’s an amazing idea , and it had helped me financially .
I just got promoted to level one seller . I had a gig where I would create a logo , in 24 hours . No one purchased this gig for awhile , and I came back from work the day before yesterday and had 12 orders . I didn’t take to things into consideration when creating this gig
- Some customers are difficult to reach within the 24 hour window after they order, which made my gig late and I think that they made have had the option to cancel
- Some did not read my directions I explained that for $5 , I would create ONE logo design and modify it to meet their needs. Some of the customers who provided just vague instructions and told me to just " have at it " , then disliked what I did and told me to vaguely " redo " it again , or they finally provided a long list of instructions .
( this one lady who I did two beautiful logos samples for , kept asking me to redo her logo . I felt like I was being used )
- They saw my samples before they purchased the gig . It’s clear that I’m probably not a detailed artist . However , I had people ask me to draw extremely complicated things and incorporate it into their logo.
I was good with completing some of the orders. Unfortunately , a family emergency happened yesterday . The 3 things I listed above , caused this to be too overwhelming to juggle the situation with my family and the demands so I issued refunds . I explained my situation to people and apologized . One lady’s reply was really rude. She said that " I was supposed to be professional and choked " it made me cry .
What really hurt the most is when I would make beautiful logo samples for people and they wanted me to re-do the whole thing . I’ve asked people on my social networking site their opinions , and they loved them
This made me realize some things
- I need a thicker skin
- It’s ok to ( how should I say this nicely ?) politely put my foot down and re-explain my guidelines because a lot have the tendency to walk over me
- I need a stronger business sense
- I will never try to take on anything tedious within 24 hours . I didn’t know that I would get so many orders . I wish I didn’t have to put them back , but emergencies happen
- I guess that not everyone will like, what I like
Allowing myself to be used is my own fault , but I really learned something valuable . Any suggestions so this doesn’t happen again ?
I do have other gigs that are doing good , however .
… And I’m wondering if I will lose my number 1 seller status for canceling 12 orders and deactivating the gig ? ( I have a 100% positive rating regardless )
Also , has any buyer tried to ask you for too much here? Did you have to cancel a bulk of orders before ?
I’m really happy that this forum has a rant section . Hopefully someone reads this and replies . I really feel better . Thanks <3 =)