Sooo has anyone had any success with buyer requests?

Guest willedridge

Guest willedridge

I’ve had one response from 110 requests and that ended up in a mutual cancellation as the buyer thought I’d be happy to write five 750 word reviews for $5.

So as the title says, has anyone had much success from answering buyer requests?

In my experience, buyers using the buyer request feature seem to want a lot of work done. Often, more work than the average five dollar gig provides.

When I was offering a high word count, I got a couple of responses. When offering lower word counts, I got nothing back.

Guest apexservice

Buyer request! Its still working, but it seems that most of new seller use it, level 1,2 seller did it some time.

I’ve actually been fairly lucky with it; 132 offers sent, with a return of 33 orders created - That is almost a 1 in 5 success rate. I suppose it requires a lot of patience, though! It only takes a few seconds to hit the send offer button, and it could be a worthwhile few seconds if it ends up netting you a custom order of $55, like one did for me!

I’ve had some frustration as well with mutual cancelations.

Although, I’ve actually had some success with the buyer requests. It’s definitely worth doing everyday as it doesn’t take but a few minutes to send out your 10 limit.

Since there are a lot of offers sent to each buyer request, you have to make your service stand out. In just 220 words you must write something compelling right from the get-go. Let’s say the buyer request is title “I want to rank on Google”. Then you can directly start with something like “How would you like to be 1st on Google in X days?”. This will instantly catch the attention of the buyer! You have to be provocative guys! Otherwise you will be just like everyone else and you will not be picked to provide the service. Also, very important is the representation of your gig i.e the video, the thumbnail of the gig, the description, the level of English, etc. Everything has to be perfect guys. 🙂 Hope this helps someone.

Guest evpassino

I love the buyer requests. In addition to getting orders (although not nearly as many orders as I submit bids for), it’s given me tons of ideas for gigs.

I haven’t done it in a while because I have a pretty steady stream of orders now, but I see that you can now add a message and customize the bid. Back when I was doing it all you could do was submit a gig, and half the time it wouldn’t let you submit the gig you actually wanted to promote. It’s come a long way.

The only thing to watch out for is that, in my experience, some of the people posting buyer requests don’t know what they want, don’t know how to communicate what they really want, and/or they’re difficult to work with because they were too lazy to actually look for gig that matched their project.

Reply to @maddisont: I often just read through the buyer requests to get a good laugh. I’m not lying. It’s like Fiverr’s own “just-for-laughs” section. It’s amazing what some people expect to be done for $5…

An eBook for $25 is ridiculous to start with, let alone one that is expected to net a billion dollars. Hopefully that was just hyperbole, but something tells me it wasn’t…

Archived