Fiverr Forum

South African sellers - paypal, Fiverr card... or is there another option?

Hi, I’ve been looking in to Fiverr for a couple of weeks now and think it’s time to take the plunge! - really love the concept!.. and making some extra cash on the side is always a bonus!

Before I post my first gig I’m trying to get my head around the best way to get the payments out. I’m hoping to get some advice from any South African sellers out there? - I see I can only go the paypal route if I have an FNB account (which I don’t) and see from the forum that the Fiverr card is pretty costly. Are there any other options? Was wondering what other South African sellers are doing?

I’m from Swaziland and I use PayPal for withdrawals. FNB helps South Africans connect with any of the banks not only accounts held in their business. So, if you are at Nedbank for example, you can still get your funds transferred from PayPal into your account. I guess the fares a a bit higher if its not FNB. I have realized that it costly using PayPal to buy in South Africa and I think it would cost the same as transferring into your FNB account. I bough a laptop worth R 5, 400 in a shop in South Africa and charges just for using PayPal was +/-R 250. This to me does not make much of a difference to what the Fiverr card would possibly cost. In fact, the card wouldn’t have charged as much when you look at their table of charges.