Fiverr Community Forum

Spam from several users about other marketplace?

Been here a few weeks now as a seller. Had maybe 3 or 4 people sending messages about ******** another marketplace, so annoying… just wondering if anyone else has had this or if they are just targeting me personally for some reason haha

Mod Note: Title & Post edited.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I know this isn’t your official welcome thread, but I figured I’d greet you here and answer your question.

Unfortunately, these messages are very common! A few other types of spam/scam message are common, too. One doing the rounds at the moment asks sellers to pay a small fee to join a website. In return an abundance of riches is promised. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, what can i say? Where are these people, and where do i sign up? NOT. Thank you for your welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I don’t know why it’s always ****!

Maybe it’s like the air duct cleaning scam calls. I still get those and it’s always air duct cleaning! Scams stick, I guess.

1 Like

Air duct cleaning spams? I’ve never heard of such a thing :upside_down_face: Where are you from? We don’t own air ducts in the UK, to poor. Brexit and all that.

1 Like

And we really could have used some this summer for AC when it was 37 degrees outside. :grimacing:

(I’m from UK, too!)

1 Like

Haha oh it is a common scam here. Companies call homes to clean your air ducts. Really bizarre.

And we really could have used some this summer for AC when it was 37 degrees outside. :grimacing:

(I’m from UK, too!)

Fellow UK’er! :+1: Glad to know i’m not alone.

Absolute madness. What is the world coming too?

2 Likes