Spam messages after signup?

jtwesterkamp

I have just created an account and now I have 3 messages from other (just created) bot accounts with broken english. Do these last forever?

I have 3 messages from other (just created) bot accounts

That did not happen to me when I joined two years ago. :thinking:

However, it is common for new sellers to get many spam messages at first. These naughty 😈 buyers seek to take advantage of the new sellers by various means.

One tomfoolery is that they trick newbies into sending their work through the messaging system rather than an order. Then the new seller comes here and wonders why they did not get paid; this is one example.

Delivered, not paid and blocked

The other trick these 👿

Another scam that these bad buyers 👺 try is to send you to work for something you do not even offer or try to get you to give them your email or another way to be contacted so you can communicate off of Fiverr.

Here is the Quick Response I have created for them. You are welcome to copy it.

Salutations (user name)

Thanks for contacting me. Unfortunately, your request doesn’t align with the service that I offer. In fact, it does not align with any of my services! Apologies if this hadn’t seemed clear to you after reading my gig descriptions. I suggest you stop looking for sellers who might fall for this silly scam.

*By the time you have finished reading this, I have already blocked and reported your account! *

Best of luck and have a wonderful (not really) day! 😉

I have 3 messages from other (just created) bot accounts

That did not happen to me when I joined two years ago. :thinking:

However, it is common for new sellers to get many spam messages at first. These naughty 😈 buyers seek to take advantage of the new sellers by various means.

One tomfoolery is that they trick newbies into sending their work through the messaging system rather than an order. Then the new seller comes here and wonders why they did not get paid; this is one example.

Delivered, not paid and blocked

The other trick these 👿

Another scam that these bad buyers 👺 try is to send you to work for something you do not even offer or try to get you to give them your email or another way to be contacted so you can communicate off of Fiverr.

Here is the Quick Response I have created for them. You are welcome to copy it.

Salutations (user name)

Thanks for contacting me. Unfortunately, your request doesn’t align with the service that I offer. In fact, it does not align with any of my services! Apologies if this hadn’t seemed clear to you after reading my gig descriptions. I suggest you stop looking for sellers who might fall for this silly scam.

*By the time you have finished reading this, I have already blocked and reported your account! *

Best of luck and have a wonderful (not really) day! 😉

Haha thanks vickie, I’ll be sure to use that copy.

Archived