Fiverr Community Forum

Spam messages, but how how do they get info about me?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but might as well ask…

I’m sure a lot of people get “SPAM” messages in the inbox from sellers asking us to

"check out" their new gigs. I guess this tends to happen with new sellers ( not always, though).

Whether they nicely ask me to “check out” their gig or even BEG to purchase it, either way I don’t really enjoy getting them. I am guessing that some people don’t mind these, in fact they might actually do end up buying their gigs which I guess is nice, but here’s what bugs me in most cases:

Most of those SPAM message says "I realized that you have recently bought this and this gig, I have a similar

gig, can you please check it out"

How do they know what kind of gig I bought? I never collect gigs, so I guess that’s not how they found me.

Are they actually looking through those feedback lists and then sending messages??

1 Like

They just msg randomly…

Actually in your matters they might read the feedback that you gave…to the seller and then contact you…

-Dinz

1 Like

Yeah what they said. You should report them to Customer Support if it bothers you. I hate spam with a passion, and I would never order from someone who engages in it.

Reply to @bachas85: That link doesn’t work, but I guess she could try. Maybe they’ve fixed it, but I’ve still gotten messages from people I’ve marked as “spam”.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hello people, thank you for your comments, and yup, I decided to hit spam/report.

It’s too bad that some of those sellers are not aware that people just don’t like getting those messages even though I can understand that they are really desperately trying to get new buyers…but those messages are as annoying as pop up ads…

Reply to @vedmak: LOL. +1

Just click the “Report” link in those circumstances and don’t give it a second thought. They get reported to admin, and you won’t get bothered by them in future because they will be blocked from messaging you.

I’m a seller as a translator here, even though I keep getting this spam messages from new sellers. when I tell them I’m not a buyer, then they will ask me to help and also teach them how to do translation also. I’m really fed up. Every week almost 2 person I have to report/spam.