Spam Messages POLL : Let's have fun

hikarishinjo

poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• yes
    • no

Ok let’s have a game, let’s count all the SPAM messages we have received within March 2021.
An eligible SPAM message for this poll is either :

• An user asking work from you.
  • Someone asking to help them (for their selling activity)
  • A “Hello” / “.” / “Hi Mam” / “Sir Dear” / etc. related to one of your gig, then nothing else to their “inquiry”.
  • Forum messages included !
  • 1 - 5
  • 6 - 10
  • 11 - 30
  • 31 - 60
  • 60+

0voters

Glory to the Spam God.

What about inquiries that are asking for something that violates the ToS? (ex: academics)

I haven’t had any of those myself this month, but I know @vickiespencer did.

Hmm… Those are genuine in that they want to actually hire someone, but spam in that they’re unwanted.

Oh, that’s a good point @wp_kid

Are these spam limited to the Fiverr platform, or do they extend to the forums too? 'cause if the latter, I need to change my vote.

What about inquiries that are asking for something that violates the ToS? (ex: academics)

I haven’t had any of those myself this month, but I know @vickiespencer did.

Hmm… Those are genuine in that they want to actually hire someone, but spam in that they’re unwanted.

Oh, that’s a good point @wp_kid

Are these spam limited to the Fiverr platform, or do they extend to the forums too? 'cause if the latter, I need to change my vote.

I do believe that their genuine intent is to get something done through your services. Not everyone is aware of the ToS, what can be performed or not. They are actually coming to us sellers, as buyers : which is out of the scope of my poll here.

Yep ! Please include these ones too !

Ok let’s have a game, let’s count all the SPAM messages we have received within March 2021.

An eligible SPAM message for this poll is either :

• An user asking work from you.
  • Someone asking to help them (for their selling activity)
  • A “Hello” / “.” / “Hi Mam” / “Sir Dear” / etc. related to one of your gig, then nothing else to their “inquiry”.
  • Forum messages included !
  • 1 - 5
  • 6 - 10
  • 11 - 30
  • 31 - 60
  • 60+

0voters

Glory to the Spam God.

Glory to the Spam God.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We have 8 million gods in Japan, the Spam God has been included to the list now…

Glory to the Spam God! 八百万万歳!?

Glory to the Spam God.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We have 8 million gods in Japan, the Spam God has been included to the list now…

Glory to the Spam God! 八百万万歳!?

I have not heard of the 8 million gods in Japan, even as a Japanese :thinking:

Though I just hope this God won’t materialize as the legendary 1000 years of Pain…

I have not heard of the 8 million gods in Japan, even as a Japanese :thinking:

Though I just hope this God won’t materialize as the legendary 1000 years of Pain…

It’s not really 8 million, but someone slapped on the number “8 million” simply because they are so many. Here’s a short explanation from Wiki (sorry it’s in Japanese):

[神](かみ)とは、自然現象などの[信仰]や畏怖の対象である。「 八百万の神 」(やおよろずのかみ)と言う場合の「八百万」(やおよろず)は、数が多いことの例えである。

BTW, what a timing, I JUST got a “hi” message in my inbox now.

Seriously…

It’s not really 8 million, but someone slapped on the number “8 million” simply because they are so many. Here’s a short explanation from Wiki (sorry it’s in Japanese):

[神](かみ)とは、自然現象などの[信仰]や畏怖の対象である。「 八百万の神 」(やおよろずのかみ)と言う場合の「八百万」(やおよろず)は、数が多いことの例えである。

BTW, what a timing, I JUST got a “hi” message in my inbox now.

Seriously…

Well I’m fine with Japanese haha, thanks for the educational bit !

Though your post might be flagged since we are not supposed to communicate in a language other than English. (we already had this issue together on one of my Post about COVID 😰 )

Let’s talk in private in Japanese if you want 😃

Surprisingly enough, so far there’s been a clear sight on a horizon. No spams whatsoever. Is spamming such a huge hassle here?

I think Level 1+ sellers are targeted, especially those involving translation services, as it is something that can be “automatized” by Google Translate. Even though the result is far from native in any language.

I got about ten just when I posted a couple BRs (I know I know) looking for some art. And then quite a few wanting to write a game for me…
But it has been quiet for about a day now which I’m thankful about 😃
(Writing tends to get a lot of spam. I’m tempted to test one of these guys at some point but I don’t want to waste my money on someone who doesn’t even have their gigs set up!)

Archived