Fiverr Forum

Spam Messages - Scum of the Earth

Gah!
I hadnt posted on the Forum for a while and so I had stopped getting so many spam messages. Recently I commented on a number of things and of course those disgusting vermin spammers are back at it again.
It appears that I now cannot report them without going to CS with a ticket so I have decided to do the following instead.

These are what I was sent today and my responses:
Spammer 1:
“Hello, sorry to bother you. Im new around here and its nearly impossible for me to sell my gig. I had to do this desperate thing, messaging you. Im sorry but im just trying my luck, tho this may be your best gig ever bought. Please have a look at https://www.fiverr.com/***********/teach-you-a-roulette-trick?arrived_from_manage_gigs=true&display_share=true , this is no scam or such, i message you because noone sees my gig :disappointed:.
I assure you it is 100% working or refund. Thanks!”

My Response:
“What makes you think I would be interested in some bull**** scheme like this?
You apologize twice in your message but you still sent it meaning you, like your gig, are full of bull****.
Why not use your amazing scheme and earn like that instead of selling it for $5.
I despise sellers like you, you make the whole Fiverr platform get a bad reputation and prey on those stupid enough to buy from you.
Do not contact me again”.

Spammer 2:
“Hello sir,
I have the best service for you like:
blog comment, facebook likes, facebook page creating, seo etc.
Please check one of our service: https://www.fiverr.com/************/add-200-plus-quality-worldwide-facebook-fanpage-likes
I will be expecting your reply sir.
Thanks”

My Response:
“What makes you think I would be interested in some bull**** gig like this?
I offer professional SEO services that get results, not outdated, useless things like you do.
I despise sellers like you, you make the whole Fiverr platform get a bad reputation and you prey on those stupid enough to buy from you.
Do not contact me again”.

You see? It is much more satisfying than reporting ever was and probably more likely to stop them trying me again. If you have had any good responses to spammers, please share them below!

I got the roulette one too. It was sent as a Custom Offer so that’s why report didn’t work on that one. I replied on purpose (though not nicely) to get them to respond. He responded asking for tips on his gig, so I told him to use Improve my Gig on the forum but not to count on any help from me as I have contempt for spammers. Then I reported the message that he replied to me on. I bet he’ll get banned on reports alone if that’s two of us already.

I got one too.
I will share with you a winning ROULETTE secret. I reported it.

I received it too. LOL.

Same, I just replied with me PMSL and explained I’d much rather play Black Jack, because of the odds, esp the house edge advantage and then gave him the break down on why it’s better, then said how do I know all this? I was a DEALER! :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the roulette one too, and told him that he could get his messaging disabled (or account banned, if he doesn’t stop) for spamming people.

I got it too.

Here is this morning’s spam:

“hello misscrystal…i want your help…i want to change my reviews from order…i receive an order from ******** l and
in misunderstanding i gave him reviews that i didn’t want to gave him.now after almost 25 days i saw that reviews and ******** had given me fully positive reviews but my reviews i want to change. if you can please contact me.”

No idea what this is about. Almost every day I get a weird confused message from someone in this seller’s country.

Maybe they think you can cast a spell and change the review they’ve given?

I looked at his reviews and saw the buyer he got the review from gave him 5 stars and then looked at that buyer’s reviews and he has none.
So there is nothing about this that makes sense. I’m tired of getting these types of messages constantly.