Spamming my tweets!

firestarter92

Please stop spamming other people’s tweets with your gigs! I am writing about social injustice on Twitter then you just see some stranger replying with their gigs. That is called spamming. I want to be supportive to all fellow Fiverr freelancers abut this is getting annoying.

If it continues I swear I am going to start posting you here on the forums. Advertise your gigs without spamming others we do stuff outside Fiverr too lets respect each other!

Thank you for posting this. It happens hundreds of times a day.

A while back I found a popular YouTube video that was teaching people to spam Tweets. A lot of sellers just assume it’s good advice even though it is a perfectly asinine tactic.

I have noticed through researching Tweets berating sellers for spamming, sometimes those sellers are suspended or banned.

So I always use the reporting function to report sellers who spam Tweets Tweets because they’re breaking Twitter ToS. It is: report for spam and then in the next window you choose " Using the reply function to spam."

If enough people report, the seller will probably be suspended or banned.

So please report if you aren’t doing so already!

It’s so disappointing that this many sellers are this unethical and ignorant. I must have reported hundreds of them on Twitter for spam. Every minute several new spam Tweets are posted to people’s threads.

Another rotten thing they do is use irrelevant hashtags or quote Tweet irrelevant articles and post it with a bit ly to their gig. It’s pathetic and sad how unethical and incompetent so many sellers are.

Please stop spamming other people’s tweets with your gigs! I am writing about social injustice on Twitter then you just see some stranger replying with their gigs. That is called spamming. I want to be supportive to all fellow Fiverr freelancers abut this is getting annoying.

If it continues I swear I am going to start posting you here on the forums. Advertise your gigs without spamming others we do stuff outside Fiverr too lets respect each other!

If it continues I swear I am going to start posting you here on the forums.

Calling out other users isn’t allowed on the forum.

There are desperate sellers who spam my tweets, too. I even wrote about it here, a while ago:

Many of us have experienced this: random Fiverr sellers find our social media accounts, and send us some type of spam. Perhaps it’s a direct message, perhaps it’s via a Twitter reply, or Twitter mention, whatever. I’m guessing that they see it as marketing, but it isn’t. Trying to get someone to see your gigs even though they have no interest in it is spam, and initiating contact outside of Fiverr is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, too. So, what happens when a seller spams others? Doe…

I am writing about social injustice on Twitter then you just see some stranger replying with their gigs.

Please be mindful: Fiverr gigs, spammed on Twitter, have nothing to do with “social injustice”. “Social justice” is a current events issue, not a Fiverr gigs spamming/promotion/marketing issue.

I am writing about social injustice on Twitter then you just see some stranger replying with their gigs.

Please be mindful: Fiverr gigs, spammed on Twitter, have nothing to do with “social injustice”. “Social justice” is a current events issue, not a Fiverr gigs spamming/promotion/marketing issue.

I think they mean that they are tweeting about social injustice and people are replying with their gig links.

She isn’t saying the spam is social injustice.

She’s saying her Tweets about injustice were spammed.

Her point is that how low can you be if you appropriate advocacy for a social issue to try to sell something?

She isn’t saying the spam is social injustice.

She’s saying her Tweets about injustice were spammed.

Her point is that how low can you be if you appropriate advocacy for a social issue to try to sell something?

I know. I have been sufficiently corrected on this. I appreciate the additional correction. 😉

So you think I have not reported?? I am blocking and reporting everyday! It is annoying that is why I mentioned it here. Obviously I have reported.

Sorry. It wasn’t my intention to upset you. No need to be rude.

I just suggested you reporting the spammer users, since you said nothing about having done it.

Have a nice day!

So you think I have not reported?? I am blocking and reporting everyday! It is annoying that is why I mentioned it here. Obviously I have reported.

No reason to be defensive. It’s not an insult.

Some people don’t report because they don’t think anything will be done. You haven’t given us any indication if you are one of those people, plus everyone who sees this should know what to do when they see Twitter spam.

Yes. I agree your say

Archived