Speaking Clock (not)

jennyk

People always said to me what a lovely speaking voice I’ve got - so much so that I wondered if I could anything with it. I I wondered who to contact to see if they needed an updated speaking clock!! (I think I really did!), or perhaps a station announcer on the London Underground. Ok, I knew that was not going to happen but I seemed to figure that I had missed the boat somehow and that I would never be heard outside of my social circles. Until Fiverr. What a wonderful vehicle for so many talents - it feels like a lovely warm global community - I really feel that Fiverr is making the world a smaller, friendlier and more helpful community. Believe it or not, I started out using just the internal mic on my Mac - I can’t believe it now - but I still got great reviews. Now, I have set up a studio with all mod professional equipment and I think to myself how lucky I am! Last year all my doors seemed to be closed - now they are wide open to the world. 🙂

That’s awesome! It’s given many people just like you an opportunity to use their talents and help others while making money. Like you said, it’s hard to make money using a talent like voice- until Fiverr. And on the flip said, where could an average person find a quality voice over artist at a good price? Nowhere- until Fiverr. Well done!

Hi tn5rr2012 , Well, sadly, the speaking clock that I aspired too is the where (in the UK, at least), people used to phone a number to find out the accurate time. Hard to believe now, I know, but people used to dial, I think it was 123 and hear, in the poshest of English accents (like mine, gulp!) - “At the 3rd stroke, it will be 12, 46 and 32 seconds, precisely”. And this speaking clock woman would announce the time like this every five seconds - I think I imagined her as a real person reading out the time all day and every day. I think it’s fair to say that Fiverr has opened up more pleasurable opportunities than that.

(and thx Yankee77 !)

Guest tn5rr2012

Okay I understand, here in the states (and yes I am old enough to remember) we would call “time” to find out what time it was or if I remember correctly we would even call the operator. Kids who were home alone during the day used to call the operator to have someone to talk to… not me I would prank call people and ask them if their refrigerator was running, if it was I told them to go on and catch it before it ran away… forgive me I digress from the original conversation. Thanks for clarifying this.

Archived