Fiverr Community Forum

Spent $40 on a gig, seller delivered something of poor quality, NOT like examples showed

Anyone know how to deal with this? And they refused to refund? They simply traced the reference material I gave them, and I spent FOURTY DOLLARS on this. They tried to fight me before and wanted EIGHTY dollars.

And all they did was trace.

I’m escalating this with fiverr support but still. I just needed to let this out. Their gig promised couple anime art and they didn’t even give that. They just made the characters doing something related to their careers as well, but TRACED the reference material directly. I was promised a couples drawing, not a traced piece of work.

Well if they didn’t delivered what was agreed upon then you might have a case to bring to Fiverr Support.

If their gig or custom order said they’d do something different than only tracing, then you might create a ticket saying you didn’t receive what you ordered and let CS handle the matter.

Well, if someone would have somehow convinced to work for half of my original quote then I’d probably not be super motivated to go that extra mile either. That’s why I don’t haggle…ever!

I’m not saying you don’t have a case, but for me it all went south when you both agreed on an order for half of its original price. In that scenario one of the parts (sometimes both) will always lose.

2 Likes

Didn’t even haggle ^^; I sent in what the listed gig asked for, and they asked for more money after. I got my money back via fiverr support though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you pursued this and got your money back. It’s appalling how many sellers try to deceive buyers.

2 Likes

gosh yeah, especially within the artwork and graphic related gigs. So many people use examples that aren’t their work, and then turn around and just give you something that isn’t near at all what they advertised.

1 Like

It’s so appalling. I really hope this seller gets banned.

It’s so important buyers report these things and explain the deception as there needs to be a record. So thanks for doing that. Reports of deception help make this a better place for all parties.

1 Like

contact with support with the evidence against seller

1 Like

I hope so too, people think they can get away with tracing references a buyer gives them and say its ‘drawn’ while in speaking, no, its not. I didn’t pay $40 to get someone to trace another artist’s work, I payed for an original artwork piece (thankfully fiverr support also suggested me some level two sellers who have astonishing work, so i’ll be commissioning one of them soon!)

I’ve also supplied support with all the screenshots, what the seller delivered me, and how it was a trace of the reference images I supplied. I hope justice is served!

2 Likes

Awesome! Good for you. You have made such a strong case against this seller.

2 Likes