St. Level's Day and Data Geekery!

paulmaplesden

Hallo everyone!

So with the upcoming St. Level’s Day, as I believe it has been named, I thought it would be interesting to see what the impact of the automated level changes will have on seller levels and gig numbers.

You all know my deep love of statistics and pivot tables (many would argue it is my defining trait) so I thought I’d do a little bit of analysis.

I have just gone through two subcategories in each of the main marketplace categories on Fiverr and noted how many gigs are in each seller category - New, Level 1, Level 2, and TRS. You can see these in the table below.

Then, on Monday or Tuesday next week I will do the analysis again, and show how things have changed. It will hopefully give us a little insight.

Anyway, here you go - comments welcome…

image.png.1cd579afdd2aa6b65c06a5c598ba0470.png

I share your love for tables, statistics, charts and all, so I’m really eager to see the differences 😁

Thanks for putting the time and effort to compile this, you rock! I would’ve done this myself in the past, but I think I’m getting old, grumpy and “meh” 😅

Love it! 🙂
However, probably the bigger question will be how this translates to revenue. I mean that’s the goal, right? Even if we see that number of L2 goes down, we don’t know for sure if this will mean fewer orders. I would assume so, but who knows.

I wonder if it would be possible to extract starting price and see how that will change :thinking:

Love it! 🙂

However, probably the bigger question will be how this translates to revenue. I mean that’s the goal, right? Even if we see that number of L2 goes down, we don’t know for sure if this will mean fewer orders. I would assume so, but who knows.

I wonder if it would be possible to extract starting price and see how that will change :thinking:

I won’t if it would be possible to extract starting price and see how that will change

Possibly if you have access to the underlying dataset, or advanced screen-scraping software, neither of which are in my purview…

I won’t if it would be possible to extract starting price and see how that will change

Possibly if you have access to the underlying dataset, or advanced screen-scraping software, neither of which are in my purview…

Or maybe I need to hire someone from Fiverr to do data mining :thinking:

9K on level 2 for Wordpress, that’s going to be expensive 😞

Wow! That puts it into a completely different perspective. I didn’t know newbies made up over half the sellers on 5r.

Logically, that tells me many fold shop within few months or weeks of creating gigs. Hum, I wonder if just 1 gig sold makes difference in ranking and more sales?

that tells me many fold shop within few months or weeks of creating gigs

Seems consistent with the 10-12 daily threads by sellers asking why they are not getting any sales 1 month in.

Hallo everyone!

So with the upcoming St. Level’s Day, as I believe it has been named, I thought it would be interesting to see what the impact of the automated level changes will have on seller levels and gig numbers.

You all know my deep love of statistics and pivot tables (many would argue it is my defining trait) so I thought I’d do a little bit of analysis.

I have just gone through two subcategories in each of the main marketplace categories on Fiverr and noted how many gigs are in each seller category - New, Level 1, Level 2, and TRS. You can see these in the table below.

Then, on Monday or Tuesday next week I will do the analysis again, and show how things have changed. It will hopefully give us a little insight.

Anyway, here you go - comments welcome…

Just out of curiosity, have you accounted for the sellers in each category that also have gigs in another category listed above? If the seller loses his/her rank in one category, they’ll be losing their rank in the other categories as well. This might skew the data a bit. :thinking:

Just out of curiosity, have you accounted for the sellers in each category that also have gigs in another category listed above? If the seller loses his/her rank in one category, they’ll be losing their rank in the other categories as well. This might skew the data a bit. :thinking:

Just out of curiosity, have you accounted for the sellers in each category that also have gigs in another category listed above? If the seller loses his/her rank in one category, they’ll be losing their rank in the other categories as well. This might skew the data a bit

I haven’t - that data just isn’t available - it’s literally just the number of gigs at each level in the categories mentioned. There are a few caveats around this, so it’s purely indicative.

Archived