Fiverr Forum

Stalkers ! buyers or blackmailers

one buyer for whom i made Fan page , made his graphic covers , installed apps etc … i made him a complete fan page from scratch . This is what i offer in my gig . He asked me to make few changes with his Cover so i made him new cover following his instructions word to word… and when he felt satisfied he completed the gig without leaving me any review.

after 8 days he comes back sends me a message that he wants a newly designed cover or else he will write me a bad review… :frowning:

is it possible for him to leave me a review after job was complete 8 days ago ? and why should i work again for him ?

he might come back again after a week saying i still haven’t reviewed you do work for me again.

any idea how to deal with such buyers ?

regards

dzeeshah.

What a drag, I’m so sorry. I hope customer support can help you. This is the first I’ve heard the actual term “feedback extortion”, does customer support have a policy for this?

from now on i am scared of people who don’t leave review … my tip to all sellers is that do ask your buyers to leave you review before completing the gig. Message them many times if they forgot to do it. because who knows they might wake up after a month and will say ill give you bad rating work for me for free.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: thanks for the clarification.

It would seem to make sense for fiverr to put a time limit on reviews. Even a button for the buyer to click “unsatisfied” or “satisfied” once the gig is delivered would help so that they can’t come back and demand more work many days later. And hey, all those “satisfied” ratings could be added to the seller’s page and better reflect the volume of quality work that they’ve done.

metalriot said: Even a button for the buyer to click "unsatisfied" or "satisfied"

Excellent idea. This seems to be a common problem that needs to be addressed.

buyer and seller must be obliged to leave a review when completing the gig.

I agree with the time limit!

You cannot oblige anyone to leave a review. And for that matter, reviews can be changed. I had people write a review and then come back and change it …so even the “finished review” isn’t enough. (Though that seems to have a tighter time frame).

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I think Customer Support should be more involved in buyer-seller relations and sometimes, they are not.

Maybe a seller appeal process.

Bruce

I think “No review, is a good review” so I never bug them asking for more.

Hm,

I am surprised to see that people really do care that much about their feedback!

Let this guy write what he wants, don’t do anything to him, when he comes up with his feedback write the whole story in response!

You perspective buyers will understand, those who already worked will have no doubts!

Just don’t take it too serious :slight_smile:

BR,

Mike K.

Thanks everyone for all your support and i am really glad you all care and took this matter more seriously and tried to help me but i hope someone from fiverr team adheres this issue and fixes a time frame for reviews as suggested by @ceceliavo .

why buyers should bug or harm the sellers when they got the work on time and they completed the job. if not satisfied should not complete the job. but if its complete then buyers should have no right to be stalkers.

kind regards to all those who participated in this talk.

Thanks again

dzeeshah.

Reply to @kornilov: I sometimes subscribe to the same belief

Reply to @dzeeshah: I think it is just a matter of applying various methods to reduce the price. With gig = 1$ there still we be someone who wants the same work for 50cents…

Drop this game early, focus on more important and positive things :slight_smile:

@kornilov i dropped it and concentrating on my other works but thanks for all support here .

@dzeeshah, I have this problem a lot too. Once a buyer stalked me on Twitter and demanded that I private message him since I had to block his harassing messages on Fiverr.

What a drag, I’m so sorry. I hope customer support can help you. This is the first I’ve heard the actual term “feedback extortion”, does customer support have a policy for this?

from now on i am scared of people who don’t leave review … my tip to all sellers is that do ask your buyers to leave you review before completing the gig. Message them many times if they forgot to do it. because who knows they might wake up after a month and will say ill give you bad rating work for me for free.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: thanks for the clarification.

It would seem to make sense for fiverr to put a time limit on reviews. Even a button for the buyer to click “unsatisfied” or “satisfied” once the gig is delivered would help so that they can’t come back and demand more work many days later. And hey, all those “satisfied” ratings could be added to the seller’s page and better reflect the volume of quality work that they’ve done.

metalriot said: Even a button for the buyer to click "unsatisfied" or "satisfied"

Excellent idea. This seems to be a common problem that needs to be addressed.