⭐ ⭐ ⭐ "Unnecessarily pretentious"

I did my best, but how do you even respond to such a review?

I sent them a polite message asking what the problem is and how I can fix it for them.

Mod Note: Image removed. Please blur the buyer’s name before posting. Thanks

I would consider alerting support to see if he has a record of leaving “biased” reviews even without reviewing the edited content.

Otherwise your response was spot on and I wish you the very best!

Thank you. I’ll send it to support and see if they’ll look into it :slight_smile:

I know it’s unfair but I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s clearly a review that says nothing really about the quality of your work, and you have so many great reviews that most people will ignore this review. It sounds to me like the person who wrote that is struggling with some inner demons of his own that have nothing to do with you or your work for him.

Why did you give her 5 stars? She gave you 3, you should give her 3 or 2 or 1.

You’re basically rewarding a bad buyer with a good review.

I’m in the bad habit of always giving 5 stars for my replies no matter what.

It’s not like the reviews buyers get matter anyway, though, since sellers can’t see them (unless they count on the backend somehow?).

hmmm, “unnecessarily pretentious” about editing. In the words of Iñigo Montoya (maybe some of you will get the reference), “I do not think that means what you think it means…”

It looks like someone just got a new thesaurus…

Cheers from the beach and success to you all!

Once in a while you get a buyer who loves the idea of being able to give someone a grade on their work, due to some deep insecurity issues and the need to use this small way to feel self important. They harbor a resentment that the person they hired can do what they can’t, among other issues, and I think this is what you encountered here.

The power to grade someone and give a public rebuke, no matter how unjust, was too much to resist.

I think you will actually benefit from this review. All this buyer has done is sum up themselves and show the world what you kind of people you have to deal with sometimes.

Inconceivable!

(No more rhymes now, I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?)

You will find people that can never be satisfied with any sort of work and we cant actually do anything about it :slight_smile:

I too experienced a similar poor review recently.
He wrote “Done what was asked for” and gave me poor rating, I lost my 100%.

I inboxed him if there is any issue with order is there anything I can fix it to make your experience better.

He said no it was good I am just disappointed with what I asked for, I should have asked something else.

Not his exact words but that’s what he meant.

I am actually having a bad October start.

Another buyer 1 month old. Bugging me arguing unnecessarily. That he wants modification.
First he ordered something, after 10 days of order complete, he asked me to remove some features as it’s of no use. I did just to make him happy. Now 30 days he is back please add those features back, I denied then he is arguing I paid for this and all stupid stuffs.

You can give them any rating you want. I always give the same or less. After all, the reviews are displayed publicly so why should I reward someone that’s punishing me?