Start out great - out of the gate! Tips for new gigs

talethia

Hi fellow sellers! I had a great early start here on Fiverr, making $1000 my first month. My first sale was even a whopping $125! So I wanted to share with you how I found success early on on Fiverr. I will be speaking from my experience as a voice actor who has been in the business for a few years, so please keep that in mind when reading the following:

1. Already have a POLISHED portfolio put together.

Some people might be using Fiverr to help build up their portfolio, but if you want to start making good sales right out of the gate, I suggest finding some freelance work BEFORE creating a Fiverr gig. Look on craigslist, freelance.com, do some work for free even. The important thing is to present yourself as a veteran professional. Make sure you have enough examples to cherry pick your BEST work.

2. No “intro” to your video.

I noticed a lot of people have themselves talking about what they can do for you, but often times they start showing you their work later in the video, or not at all. Now, i’m not positive how this would effect my sales, but I don’t have video of me talking at all. It starts immediately with examples of my work. I personally believe that a client is more interested in the quality of your work and the range of your skills. If you take up the limited amount of time you have with a “hello, my name is so and so and I’d like to help you!” you are taking valuable time away from showing exactly what you can do. Think of it this way: A buyer has to wade through dozens or even a hundred different portfolios to find the seller that is perfectly suited to their needs. Are they gonna want to sit through a bunch of “hellos” or get right to the work examples? I hear lots of other top sellers swear by having a more personal touch to your video, but so far things have been working well for me without it.

(a) More on this point. If you put yourself in the buyers shoes, you only have so much time to find the perfect seller and look at/watch portfolios. Make sure your STRONGEST work examples are at the beginning of your portfolio/video. More than likely, a buyer is judging your work within the first 15-20 seconds of your video. If you don’t grab their attention right off the bat, they will move on to the next seller.

3. Keep SEO in mind when you create your gig.

I’m sure most of you know what this is and how it effects you, but for those who don’t, I will explain. It is how people find you, and it works by using keywords and phrases. The title of your gig, your gig description, and the keywords they ask you to add are all important to showing up on the search page. For example, I do voice over, so I make sure that that’s in all 3 of those fields. I also ensure that what makes me unique (my youthful upbeat tone) is also included. Which brings me to the next one…

4. Making your gig, YOUR gig.

There are loads of people that do voice over on this site, so how am I able to stand out? Well it’s not enough to just say I do voice over. I have a particular niche that I happen to excell at. A youthful, upbeat and friendly tone. So I put that right in my gig title. My portfolio is filled with examples of (mainly) that style of delivery. And as it turns out, there are quite a bit of people looking for exactly that! When you can boil down your skills to a specific unique style, you can use that to help you stand out and let clients find exactly what they’re looking for.

So those are my main thoughts for now. There are lots of other little things you can do to help you be successful, but I think this a good start. Good luck!!

4NBVATO8ZTSY.png.994de67d1e56eb26610c8a0ef9bbd058.png

Fiverr Forum - Best Fiverr Gigs, Fiverr Tips, Fiverr News

http://forum.fiverr.com

Thanks!

This is all great advice and congratulations on your success 🙂

It’s simple, but delivered flawlessly. This is the kind of stuff that will never get old.

P.S. I’m secretly waiting for someone to comment on the one thing everyone’s thinking but won’t say 🙂

Archived