Starting over with a new username. Is it recommended?

I’ve been on Fiverr for almost 2 years now. I successfully made it to Level 2 just a few months after starting and have maintained a 99% positive rating ever since. I would like this to be a full time job. However, I unfortunately chose a crappy username upon signing up. I offer video editing services and the name “hanashivoice” doesn’t reflect this at all. I want a new name that is actually related to my services. (Plus, people keep calling me “Hana”. It’s annoying.)

Since Fiverr doesn’t allow the changing of usernames, I would be forced to start from scratch; all of my positive ratings would be gone and I’d have to work my way up again. I’m up for the task, but I get the feeling that I somehow just got lucky with reaching Level 2 relatively quickly. It makes me a bit nervous. On the other hand, if I promote myself enough I shouldn’t have any issues. I would simply need to let my regular buyers know what my new username will be so they can find me.

What do you guys think? Should I start over with a new username or should I not risk losing everything and never getting it back?

Thanks for reading!

This is a personal decision. I’ve seen TRS’s with the craziest names.

With that said, is it really important to have a new name and lose all your progress thus far?

I can’t answer it for you but I hope you understand.

Good point. Thanks for your input!

I don’t think, at this point this is a good move to do that. There is nothing wrong with your username at all. As @thecreativeguys said, i have seen people with worse usernames and they are doing pretty good. Also if you look at mine, it doesn’t reflect what I do. But still that don’t affect my sales and all.

So MY opinion is that, focus on your current account. Starting from scratch is not an easy thing to do. You may be lucky that your first experience was pretty good. There are sellers ( or moaners ) who are still trying hard to get their first sale. An account with more than 150 reviews and all positive, is a blessing on Fiverr.
Rest is all your choice.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Btw Hana may be annoying to you but its a good name. I like it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response!

My actual name is Kim but perhaps I should just use Hana as a pseudonym to make things easier :smile:

I guess that it has some relation with the Japanese language, since “hanashi” means talk or conversation. Am I wrong? Because I like it. :slight_smile:

good job no problam its ok

I came up with the username at a time where I briefly considered a career in voice acting. I’m also interested in the Japanese language so my username is basically “speak voice”. Unfortunately that has nothing to do with video editing, which is the service I ended up providing the most! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think the user name is important. I look at a gig and not the username of the seller.

People don’t care for usernames, so it doesn’t matter. :slight_smile: I too based my name on a gig that I closed 3~ years ago, so it’s irrelevant now. But a good name is professional looking, so I too would update it if possible.

Very odd though, as it shouldn’t be a hard to code feature to allow changing usernames once a year.