Stay online? what?

kapiks

Hello everyone! 🖐️
Have someone explain to me why everyone is so insistent and tells the new seller to be online?!
okay, I agree that they are then listed as online sellers.
but being online 24/7 is physically and mentally impossiblewhen is it time to sleep etc? 🧐
as far as I know, it can only be done thanks to the automatic refreshing of the browser, which is said to be against the rules of Fiverr … :stop_sign:
Please do not say such things to the new seller and do not expose them to a ban or loss of health.
it is enough to be active only when we can really write back (thanks to this our average response time will not drop), and we will receive the order anyway if someone is interested in our gig. 😉
If someone has a different opinion, please write about it in the comment, we can definitely learn a lot from each other!
Good luck! 😀
Regards,
Kapiks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, It sound logically good, we are humans not machine, and we have to follow TOS as a fiverr seller, but health first.

exactly! I can’t understand why people spread it to stay active 24/7 … it seems very disturbing

Hello everyone! 🖐️

Have someone explain to me why everyone is so insistent and tells the new seller to be online?!

but being online 24/7 is physically and mentally impossiblewhen is it time to sleep etc? 🧐

as far as I know, it can only be done thanks to the automatic refreshing of the browser, which is said to be against the rules of Fiverr … :stop_sign:

Please do not say such things to the new seller and do not expose them to a ban or loss of health.

it is enough to be active only when we can really write back (thanks to this our average response time will not drop), and we will receive the order anyway if someone is interested in our gig. 😉

If someone has a different opinion, please write about it in the comment, we can definitely learn a lot from each other!

Good luck! 😀

Regards,

Kapiks

If someone has a different opinion,

If you type “staying online” in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

If someone has a different opinion,

If you type “staying online” in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

Every day I see someone persuading someone to stay online non-stop, hence this topic arose …

it was probably already discussed as we are on such a large forum, but still such situations are taking place 😕

stay on line and also put a video in your gig, are the things that dont help you to get orders… is just my opinion…

Hi @vivi123 ,

As for the video gig, I have a different opinion because I have noticed that video posts are actually better positioned and in addition, we can put much more information in the film thanks to which we will encourage the client.

Can you explain why the video gig is not helping you?

Thank you for your opinion ❤️

Yea , I agreed with you but one more things is that if we not stay online client will not hire us because some client may need fast work.

Of course, but when we, for example, sleep while being active and the client will write to us because he will need fast work, we will not be able to deliver it to him, so the client will be disappointed with us and we will probably get a bad grade from him if he does not cancel his order at all …

When I first created Fiverr while back in 2019 suggested by a friend (who hates to see me doing free art over the past 15 years). He thinks it’s time for me to do something to support myself. I never heard of Fiverr before until he mentioned about the platform.

After successfully set up Fiverr account and I didn’t know what to do. I just leave it empty for nearly 2 years, until my brother moved back from L.A. and told me about “crazy things you could sell on Fiverr as a freelance artist”. At that time, I didn’t understand how the Fiverr Gig works. So I did some research on Google, then I decided to give myself a chance to created my first gig.

It wasn’t long, I’ve just received my first message from a buyer who wanted to order the artwork for his book back in December 2020. I didn’t even stay online for 24/7 and didn’t have time for that, thankfully I have Fiverr app installed on my iPhone! And of course, I didn’t need to stay online just to received my first 4th orders from 4 different clients.

I don’t understand why some Fiverr community members suggested other new sellers to stay online to receive the order from clients. This is unhealthy and it is not how it’s work. Clients mostly are looking for some eyes catchy and impressive gig, but clients sometime hesitant whether they want to place an order on one of Fiverr sellers’ gig they want to own. Fiverr seller can’t force buyers to order their gig! It’s up to buyers whether they like it or not. If not, stop complaining about lack of sales and move on.

When I first created Fiverr while back in 2019 suggested by a friend (who hates to see me doing free art over the past 15 years). He thinks it’s time for me to do something to support myself. I never heard of Fiverr before until he mentioned about the platform.

After successfully set up Fiverr account and I didn’t know what to do. I just leave it empty for nearly 2 years, until my brother moved back from L.A. and told me about “crazy things you could sell on Fiverr as a freelance artist”. At that time, I didn’t understand how the Fiverr Gig works. So I did some research on Google, then I decided to give myself a chance to created my first gig.

It wasn’t long, I’ve just received my first message from a buyer who wanted to order the artwork for his book back in December 2020. I didn’t even stay online for 24/7 and didn’t have time for that, thankfully I have Fiverr app installed on my iPhone! And of course, I didn’t need to stay online just to received my first 4th orders from 4 different clients.

I don’t understand why some Fiverr community members suggested other new sellers to stay online to receive the order from clients. This is unhealthy and it is not how it’s work. Clients mostly are looking for some eyes catchy and impressive gig, but clients sometime hesitant whether they want to place an order on one of Fiverr sellers’ gig they want to own. Fiverr seller can’t force buyers to order their gig! It’s up to buyers whether they like it or not. If not, stop complaining about lack of sales and move on.

This is some good advice and insight!

I don’t understand why some Fiverr community members suggested other new sellers to stay online to receive the order from clients.

“Staying online” is one of the most common “tips” that are repeated amongst users who blindly follow the advice of so called “Fiverr experts” and “money gurus” who litter the web.

Forum members constantly push back and refute this “tip” but the sheer volume of new, desperate users who parrot terrible advice is overwhelming.

a perfect story to tell a lot! Thank you for your opinion!

Yah. I saw many new sellers using browser auto refresher, it works temporarily, but there is a high chance of getting banned in Fiverr for using these third-party extensions. So, Be careful. And we are all human, So Fiverr won’t let your gigs go down if you stay normal and don’t do anything which is against Fiverr TOS. Cheers 🙂

I don’t understand why some Fiverr community members suggested other new sellers to stay online to receive the order from clients.

“Staying online” is one of the most common “tips” that are repeated amongst users who blindly follow the advice of so called “Fiverr experts” and “money gurus” who litter the web.

Forum members constantly push back and refute this “tip” but the sheer volume of new, desperate users who parrot terrible advice is overwhelming.

I also noticed when searching information about Fiverr that a lot of people brag about how much they earned from Fiverr and that’s just by staying online … definitely no!

thank you for your opinion!

To everyone new. I would say staying online really didn’t make my impression better. I have tried. Buyers don’t care about if you are online or offline. It’s not just a youtube thumbnail that they click, they are spending their money so people search what they want, check out and compare everyone’s gig to decide. It’s the same as when you are online shopping you don’t buy the first thing you see.
So focus on presentation, gig images then wait.

Yah. I saw many new sellers using browser auto refresher, it works temporarily, but there is a high chance of getting banned in Fiverr for using these third-party extensions. So, Be careful. And we are all human, So Fiverr won’t let your gigs go down if you stay normal and don’t do anything which is against Fiverr TOS. Cheers 🙂

Valuable opinion!

it is not worth exposing your account for a false hint … There are lots of useful tips that we can find on the forum. and without exposing your account to bans and health!

Cheers!

To everyone new. I would say staying online really didn’t make my impression better. I have tried. Buyers don’t care about if you are online or offline. It’s not just a youtube thumbnail that they click, they are spending their money so people search what they want, check out and compare everyone’s gig to decide. It’s the same as when you are online shopping you don’t buy the first thing you see.

and that is correct advice for beginners!

Getting new ones into the error of staying online is just a waste of time I hope as many people as possible who try to follow this pointless advice will see this post! 😀

Hello everyone! 🖐️

Good luck! 😀

Regards,

Kapiks

being online 24/7 is physically and mentally impossiblewhen is it time to sleep etc?

These are some memorized words like a parrot of some new sellers from few specific countries. Actually they don’t know what is the value of their words.

My thinking about them : They don’t have creative knowledge for helpful advise to people or they are practice un-fair activities.

being online 24/7 is physically and mentally impossiblewhen is it time to sleep etc?

These are some memorized words like a parrot of some new sellers from few specific countries. Actually they don’t know what is the value of their words.

My thinking about them : They don’t have creative knowledge for helpful advise to people or they are practice un-fair activities.

Thanks for the opinion!

Sometimes I have the impression that this is some kind of joke that people have believed and they parrot it without ending …

I don’t know if there is any way to reach such a large number of people and tell them about it since new people keep coming and repeating the same thing…

Archived