STOCK IMAGES extra feature

giulia_italia

It is new, there was a post about it officially from Fiverr. As any new feature, it is automatically activated as an option to BUYERS, so IF you do not want it on, go into the GIG edit and uncheck the box. I am looking into it now actually. 😃 Stay tuned.

@giulia_italia That’s weird. It is supposedly going to be auto-activated which I don’t really like since I’d rather new things be off by default. The message I got said “This feature will be available in selected categories starting June 18, 2015.” I don’t have it as a choice or automatically added on any of my gigs yet, since it’s not the 18th.

Reply to @david388: I thought it might be for some writing gigs because I got the message and most of my gigs are in the blog writing category. I have a self-created extra for stock photos since some buyers don’t want to take the time to find an accompanying picture for their blog posts. Research gigs might be able to use an extra like that if they are doing product research or author research, but I don’t have any of those gigs right now. If it shows up on my blog gigs on the 18th, I probably will use it to free up the extras I’m using up for photos right now.

@steveeyes Sorry I’m replying along with this note but it’s fast! Just FYI I haven’t seen any official announcements about the Getty image thing. I got it as a pop-up when I logged in today but it only came up the first time. Most of what it said has been mentioned here, it was pretty simplistic.

[Edit] Once I thought about the price of the extra set firmly at $10 and only Getty as a partner, I changed my mind. I’ll probably just keep using my own extra that costs buyers less and I can get them super cheap or public domain photos.

Thanks for the replies!

I think I missed the official post about it…

Anyway, it’s ok now: I asked because yesterday this new feature was automatically activated and I couldn’t deactivated, but today is fine (I got the Fiverr pop up too and the box to tick for activation, so it works fine like the other extras now:)

So yes, probably it could be useful for greeting cards, ebook covers, blog post pictures, etc.etc.

I am checking my gigs right now and it is NOT automatically activated on them.

I got a pop up notification from Fiverr about it but I really do not see it anywhere.

Yes - it is not good impression to be automatically activated without your approval but what if I want to activate it ?! How to do it ?

Shall I just go and ad a new gig addon with my own description and price for $20?

Archived