Stop and check before you ask for help

zeus777

So since I’m seeing a lot of “I’m not getting orders please check out my gigs/please help” posts again, I’ll leave this here…hopefully it will help a bit.

First of all, it’s 100% OK to ask for help and advice. I have done it too.
However before doing so, you might want to go through this check list:

1. Did you spend a LONG time creating your gigs?
DID YOU check other successful seller’s gigs, their descriptions, their sample images etc and get a clear idea of what a “good gig” is supposed to look like?
I spent hours researching and checking reading etc etc, I think most successful sellers have done the same.

2. Did you double check your gig description, made sure there are no grammar errors, spelling mistakes, etc?
If you didn’t bother double checking, that means you are not serious and not professional. If English is not your first language and you are worried, hire someone to edit your description.

3. ARE YOU SURE you are good at what you are providing?
I’ve seen way too many writing, editing, proofreading and translation gigs being offered by people who clearly does not have the skills. Same thing with logo, banner, business card designs. They just use an image they found online.

4. Are the gig descriptions/ sample images yours?? Or did you simply STEAL them?
It’s amazing how many people come to the forum asking for help just to get their lies exposed. If you claim to be a graphic designer with several years of experience, you should have a good number of sample images that belongs to you.

5. DID YOU READ EVERYTHING???
It seems like some people just don’t have the patience to read through everything.
Seriously, people, read. I know it’s a lot. But just read.

If English is your second language, I know it is hard. Still, you need to read it. If it’s too hard to understand, ask a friend/coworker/family member to help you.

If you can answer YES to all of them and are still having problems, then I think it’s safe for you to ask, and people will be more than willing to help.

If not…well, you might face an ugly situation. Just saying.

• Like 103
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 6

• 3 years later...

Look for ways to enhance your gig. Maybe your gig description could be a bit more clear. Maybe your gig images aren't eye-catching enough. Maybe your prices are to high/low. Don't just sit online for 15 hours stalking the Buyer Request section. 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, j6nyc6 said:

Look for ways to enhance your gig. Maybe your gig description could be a bit more clear. Maybe your gig images aren't eye-catching enough. Maybe your prices are to high/low. Don't just sit online for 15 hours stalking the Buyer Request section. 

This is the only good advice so far. Fiverr is a storefront. Do you have a good display? 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

This is the only good advice so far. Fiverr is a storefront. Do you have a good display? 

People seem to think if you keep a crappy store open for 24 hrs it'll receive more business. Instead they need to focus on putting up a new display sign out front, reorganizing the shelves, cleaning up the aisles, etc. 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, j6nyc6 said:

People seem to think if you keep a crappy store open for 24 hrs it'll receive more business.

Worse, they keep advising buyer requests and sharing the gig on social media. So, not only having a crappy store open 24 hours a day, but going around shoving fliers for their store on everyone's face constantly.

• Like 11

• 1 year later...

@zeus777 - I'm so glad this post got resurrected ...and it feels like this was just written today!

On 10/30/2017 at 1:59 AM, zeus777 said:

So since I’m seeing a lot of “I’m not getting orders please check out my gigs/please help” posts again, I’ll leave this here…hopefully it will help a bit.

I have my fingers crossed that new sellers will read your post because I'm pretty sure this covers everything that they need and more to improve their gigs!

• Like 55
  • Thanks 3

Hello!
Good, important and useful topic!😍
For real, friends, be ready to reread, compare and fix/improve your GIGs. Description of your GIGs and profile is the Face of yours on Fiverr.
When you are going to an interview in real life you wanna look perfect and business, you are paying attention to appearance. It's the same on Fiverr.
We need to hard work not only with orders but with our profiles.🐺

Good luck to all of us newbees🤗

Edited by pavel_ershov
  • Like 55