INBOX

EVERY

MORNING

ASKING

IF

I

RECORD

VOICE OVERS

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? WHAT IS THEIR MALFUNCTION? THEY COME FROM ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES, IT IS NOT A LANGUAGE BARRIER ISSUE.

I RESPOND “YES” AND 90% OF THEM NEVER EVEN RESPOND AFTER THAT

WHERE DID YOU GO AND WHY DID YOU ASK ME

THE OTHER 10% THEN ASK WHAT I CHARGE AND WHAT EXTRAS I OFFER

I HAVE A LITERAL TUTORIAL ON HOW TO NAVIGATE MY GIGS

Cheers gang, that feels better! Hope you’re having a good week!

Gwyneth

Dead cat to the face. Repeatedly. Better yet, start with a live cat, end when it’s dead. That’s what they deserve.

Better yet, start with a live cat, end when it’s dead.

That’s animal abuse. Maybe they could start with you (while you’re alive) and end when you’re dead?

Some people think they’re “bookmarking” you by sending you a message (like Hi) or a question (any question).

Some people think they’re “bookmarking” you by sending you a message

These people shouldn’t be allowed access to the internet without a responsible adult/carer present.

Better yet, start with a live cat, end when it’s dead.

That’s animal abuse. Maybe they could start with you (while you’re alive) and end when you’re dead?

If they can pick me up and use me to hit them in the face I’ll be very impressed indeed. Also obvious sarcasm is obvious. Maybe you should get the cat to the face as well if you think I’m condoning actual animal abuse. I love cats, they have style 😃

WHY

ARE

THERE

IN

MY

INBOX

EVERY

MORNING

ASKING

IF

I

RECORD

VOICE OVERS

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? WHAT IS THEIR MALFUNCTION? THEY COME FROM ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES, IT IS NOT A LANGUAGE BARRIER ISSUE.

I RESPOND “YES” AND 90% OF THEM NEVER EVEN RESPOND AFTER THAT

WHERE DID YOU GO AND WHY DID YOU ASK ME

Cheers gang, that feels better! Hope you’re having a good week!

Gwyneth

We get this more than the ‘Do you do voice overs?’ question. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. For some people, I think it’s a fear of getting it wrong, but I think you can usually tell when this is the case. For many, it’s laziness, plain and simple. ‘You’re the service provider, you figure it out.’

We had someone yesterday request that we quote them for a script. No ‘hi’, no ‘please could you’, just ‘I need this quoting, let me know your price’. Oh, and they needed it yesterday. They’d put a budget of $50 in the message, and a cursory glance at the enormous script told me it would be 3 times that cost, if not more.

I politely reminded them that all our costs were visible on our gig, along with our turnaround time, but that I could see it would be significantly higher than his budget, to which they replied “budget is fixed.”

It took all the strength I had to not reply saying “so why waste our time?!”, but then that’s the point right? It’s our time, not theirs, and some people would much rather waste the time of a stranger than their own.

I honestly believe one of the best skills you can learn on Fiverr is working out when to engage in a conversation, even if it’s a difficult one, and when to walk away early.

I am so tempted to write a buying guide for my gigs that answers basic questions.

Did you just send me a message saying:

• "Hi" - If so, I’m sorry but I don’t have time to chat in real-time. I can only help you if you send a message telling me exactly what you are looking for.
  • "I need content for my website." - That’s great, however, my psychic assistant is channeling another client at the moment, in this case, you will need to be more specific.
  • "Do you do copywriting?" - No, the copywriting gig with 1,000 reviews you clicked on just now is actually out there just to confuse people. I’m actually a cam girl called Laura. Want me to shake my booty for ya?
  • "Do you write plagiarism free content?" - Dammit. You rumbled me. No. I just copy and paste articles from elsewhere online.
  • "can i sea samples of ur writting?" - To do what with? Let’s be honest here, my goldfish probably has a better literary eye for detail.
  • "how much for…?" - $500. It says less on my gig, but I’m afraid that I’d have to put a pain in the A surcharge on this order.
  • "Can you tell me why I should choose you over other writers?" - Only if you tell me why I should chose you over other buyers.
  • "Are you available?" - Yes, but this isn’t Tinder and you’re not my type, sorry.

However, I have found that whatever I say or do, these people never convert. In this case, I just give them all a "no, sorry."

I am so tempted to write a buying guide for my gigs that answers basic questions.

• "Hi" - If so, I’m sorry but I don’t have time to chat in real-time. I can only help you if you send a message telling me exactly what you are looking for.
  • "I need content for my website." - That’s great, however, my psychic assistant is channeling another client at the moment, in this case, you will need to be more specific.
  • "Do you do copywriting?" - No, the copywriting gig with 1,000 reviews you clicked on just now is actually out there just to confuse people. I’m actually a cam girl called Laura. Want me to shake my booty for ya?
  • "Do you write plagiarism free content?" - Dammit. You rumbled me. No. I just copy and paste articles from elsewhere online.
  • "can i sea samples of ur writting?" - To do what with? Let’s be honest here, my goldfish probably has a better literary eye for detail.
  • "how much for…?" - $500. It says less on my gig, but I’m afraid that I’d have to put a pain in the A surcharge on this order.
  • "Can you tell me why I should choose you over other writers?" - Only if you tell me why I should chose you over other buyers.
  • "Are you available?" - Yes, but this isn’t Tinder and you’re not my type, sorry.

However, I have found that whatever I say or do, these people never convert. In this case, I just give them all a "no, sorry."

“Do you write plagiarism free content?”

I think you misspelled “plagaris”.

"Are you available?" - Yes, but this isn’t Tinder and you’re not my type, sorry.

Or “Hi, are you online?”, the modern-day equivalent of asking your partner “are you awake?” because you want to tell them about the weird dream you just had, and you know you’ll have forgotten it by morning.

Coincidentally, every Fiverr chat I’ve had that started with “are you online?” made about as much sense as being told about someone’s dream.

"Are you available?" - Yes, but this isn’t Tinder and you’re not my type, sorry.

Or “Hi, are you online?”, the modern-day equivalent of asking your partner “are you awake?” because you want to tell them about the weird dream you just had, and you know you’ll have forgotten it by morning.

Coincidentally, every Fiverr chat I’ve had that started with “are you online?” made about as much sense as being told about someone’s dream.

“Hi, are you online?”

“No”.

“Hi, are you online?”

“No”.

Beautiful. 👏

Perhaps it’s time to take a voice acting course if you’re getting that much interest!

I may even consider selling voice overs on Fiverr! 😜

Thank you, I try to incorporate strong aesthetic principles into everyday life.

Archived