Fiverr Community Forum

Stop asking sellers to work for free

I don’t know if it’s because I’m on the forum so much but I keep getting messages from people who want me to work free. That’s right. They actually are asking me, a seller who has been here over six years, to do free work, saying they will pay me later.

Where are these idiots finding me?

I assume it’s right here. They are using VPN’s to hide their real identities and lying to me about that. It’s not too intelligent. I need a button to boot them off the site immediately. :boot:

14 Likes

@misscrystal confirmed :sunglasses:

2 Likes

it happens almost daily here as well…

3 Likes

It makes whoever is doing it seem pathetic. They waste my time acting like they are interested in buying a gig from me before getting to the point that they want it free. I just spent fifteen minutes before they decided to let me know they want it free.

3 Likes

Maybe I will just do it and collect money later since I’m new

you won’t collect anything , they always run away with the work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In addition to what @cre8iveartwork said, since they wouldn’t place orders, you wouldn’t get reviews, either.

4 Likes

Oh, thanks @catwriter, I’ll watch out for people like that.

1 Like

Thanks @cre8iveartwork
I appreciate you

I really appreciate your concerns about these people. I think most of people who claim for free work or order after the work completed are involved in foolish business of outsourcing the project. Most of them are very professional and new sellers.are their easy pray. I am a new seller too and Recently, I have a bad experience with one of such clients.
Nothing we can do but spread this awareness to everybody in community.
Best of luck everyone for future and hope this must be stop!

1 Like

I feel bad for sellers who are new and actually do work for free. At least I’m aware of this attempt to scam sellers but new sellers don’t realize this is happening.

4 Likes

You can’t be nice without a few misguided people thinking they can take advantage.

1 Like

I really do hope that conversion rates from inbox to sale does not affect search rankings because given the timewaster/serious buyer ratio it would be incredibly unfair.

My advice to new sellers is to not even lift a finger unless an order is made.

1 Like