Fiverr Community Forum

#STOP_BEING_BUYER_BIASED . Is Fiverr Really Biased Towards The Buyers Or Are They Mere Superstitions?

Its one of the most heated topics especially on social media i.e Facebook and Twitter etc whether Fiverr has proved itself to be impartial and promoting the element of justice towards its community whether Sellers or Buyers

Through out my Fiverr experience and while promoting it in social media and actively involving in the process, I have seen tons and tons of sellers complaining and accusing against Fiverr and its Customer Service. Most of these Buyers were either Level One or Level Two sellers who have contributed a lot towards the promotion of the Fiverr network at large. They Have Constantly accused Fiverr and its Customer Service to be BUYER BIASED and many have even shown how a mere mistake or negative behavior of the Buyers have lead the Seller’s accounts to get victimized and punished for the crime they havn’t committed. They have said that the customer service has even declined to hear the sellers’s part of the story which they call it as against the very principle of natural justice

On the other hand Fiverr has always backed its terms and policies and has shown very little tolerance towards the so called “Violating Sellers” . In addition Fiverr has shown that its policies have always been within the circle of justice and it has proven to be a healthy and safe from fraud platform. No doubt Fiverr has proven itself to be a hurdle in the way of online monetary fraud though the accusations of the sellers can’t be totally ignored.

In the end I would like to urge the entire Fiverr community especially the ones reading this to raise a voice of appreciation but an urge of improvement towards Fiverr and its customer’s Support to meet and solve the grievances of the Sellers and make it a User Friendly Platform and promote the principle of equality, in the default of which a campaign is sooner to be raised that #FIX_IT_FIVERR and #STOP_BEING_BUYER_BIASED

4 Likes

Well, people can say whatever they want based on their experiences.

Same as above, but how can you tell for sure that they were wrongly accused?

Why would they? Rules are meant to be followed.

What “grievances” exactly are you referring to? How is the platform not user friendly? And how do you think it doesn’t promote equality?

I’m not a big fan of the “take it or leave” approach but it seems you’re just saying words to stir things up.

#THERE_ARE_OTHER_FREELANCE_PLATFORMS_YOU_KNOW

6 Likes

The irony of this is that your whole post is based on bias: you have no idea if the sellers complaining were actually wronged or if they’re just seeking retribution and/or are oblivious to the ToS and basic ethics.

Also, people are many, many times more likely to reply/write to a company on social for a complaint than they are to do that for a compliment, so that is bias, too and alone would explain why complaints are much more conspicuous than other communications on social with a company.

We all know there are issues in the platform, but posts on social media don’t indicate bias toward buyers.

It’s faulty logic to assume a reason behind the accusations. You don’t know.

7 Likes

@hassannawaz0303, I think you are right. I have just come here to rant about something like that myself: A film school student had booked me as a voice artist and would even have the school pay for it. But she urged me to sign a contract for that which I believe I could not legally do. I turned to support for advice. As a result, I received a TOS warning because support assumed that the student would try to cheat her school and pass my work as her own (I am male, by the way). It feels like a penalty for contacting support at all.

2 Likes

Laws are to be followed, too. And yet it is practice (in most countries) to give the accused the chance to defend themselves. Just because one party says rules have been violated does not necessarily mean it is true.

2 Likes

The Basic Problem I have seen while reading the comments of my fellow community members is that they have completely misunderstood my post. While posting, I have tried my best to showcase an impartial comparison

The reason behind posting it was that I have myself seen the grievances of the people including many individual cases.They have shown even the screenshots of their case as an evidence of how they were mistreated by the Buyers and and the customer service not showing any support to them.Others Have told how they weren’t violating any ToS and were promoting the platform But All of a sudden their accounts were suspended and they weren’t even given a chance to plead not guilty.Cases have also been reported even buyers placed an order and after receiving a delivery they falsely accused the seller that the work delivered was of low quality when it wasn’t .To punish the seller, the buyer again placed the order and threatened the seller of cancelling the order which would result in Decrease of the seller’s delivery rate.Also The customer’s service showed no support.

So in that you being saying that people say whatever they want to say is like looking at just one side of the story.Also When you said “THERE ARE OTHER PLATFORMS TOO” sounded to me like some arbitrator saying IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS IN YOUR COUNTRY GO LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE" Dear Sir/Mam If someone complaints about the platform where he/she has spend years of working into and making it a better place THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME REASON

Curious are these hashtags trending on Twitter? Or you just want them to trend on this forum?

Anyway, I’ll say Fiverr is not PERFECT, of course, there will always be room for improvement. But I’m not going to have :brain: aneurysm worrying about this & that.

Sorry Urdeke, responded to you by mistake. Grrr!

4 Likes

he Basic Problem I have seen while reading the comments of my fellow community members is that they have completely misunderstood my post. While posting, I have tried my best to showcase an impartial comparison

The reason behind posting it was that I have myself seen the grievances of the people including many individual cases.They have shown even the screenshots of their case as an evidence of how they were mistreated by the Buyers and and the customer service not showing any support to them.Others Have told how they weren’t violating any ToS and were promoting the platform But All of a sudden their accounts were suspended and they weren’t even given a chance to plead not guilty.Cases have also been reported even buyers placed an order and after receiving a delivery they falsely accused the seller that the work delivered was of low quality when it wasn’t .To punish the seller, the buyer again placed the order and threatened the seller of cancelling the order which would result in Decrease of the seller’s delivery rate.Also The customer’s service showed no support. I even have the complete screenshots of this specific case

Dear Sir/Mam If someone complaints about the platform where he/she has spend years of working into and making it a better place THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME REASON

1 Like

Can we just stick to usernames? Sir/Mam is unnecessary. :weary:

No need to YELL at us.

4 Likes

This is exactly what am I am Trying To saying … The principle of natural justice needs to be followed

1 Like

Sir/Mam if you know is a symbol of respect to someone.Also I am not yelling at anyone, This specific paragraph was meant to be an answer to the person who actually used similar phrases with capitalized letters. You May misunderstood everything

1 Like

Yeah Mr. florian_flux I have read some dozens of cases like these…

Its a matter of constructive criticism. I have always said that there is always a room for improvement

They are, otherwise I wouldn’t have $400 in refunds over the years. A couple complaints may have been legit, but I’ve won awards for my writing and know how to write. I’m so tired of the scammers.

1 Like

No i don’t want anything to trend anywhere . It was just to showcase the slogan which is raised by many buyers across the globe

How do you know if you didn’t offend @humanissocial? Maybe she’ll swing by to let us know if she’s OK with you calling her Sir/Mam. Did you even take the time to look at her profile photo? She’s a lady. Using a site like Fiverr, the best thing is never assume people are aware of different cultural customs.

Um, using ALL CAPS is considered YELLING that turns people off.

5 Likes

Scammers can be everywhere nowadays . Though Customer Support is doing its job still I would say that It needs to eliminate the loopholes

2 Likes

I never knew that calling someone Sir/Mam is a symbol of disrespect any where in this world . In addition if she wan’t happy with that she might have told me instead of you pointing that out to whom I haven’t said anything

Actually I wan’t yelling at anyone I was just clarifying my point to my dear fellow to whom I replied. For your information he also used even before me the CAPITALIZED letters

1 Like

I just saw your profile, and now I understand why you are just like that.
If you have any issues with this platform, you can contact the CS and give your opinions.

You just joined on this platform a month ago and this doesn’t get you enough experience for anything here, and there are far more older users (buyers and sellers) who are still active on this platform and still using this platform. If Fiverr is biased more towards buyers, then these users would’ve left ages ago.

And Wait for a second, Didn’t your read the seller side stories? Where Buyers loses money and their time on the order and seller doesn’t deliver what it was supposed to do. And when the fake sellers sells copyrighted content to good customers and steals the money. You didn’t hear these types of things? Now you are being biased towards buyers.

And First you are saying this,

Then this:

Which side are you on?

There is always room for improvement means these loopholes will never finish. That is why business runs and it updates by closing the vulnerabilities.

This is not the place to the raise the voice. It’s a user based community, not an actual staff comes here. You should’ve known but as I said, you just joined.

And if you know, you don’t know much about this community, otherwise you would’ve researched on this forum, read the terms of this website. AM I RIGHT? (i am not yelling, pinky swear)

I told you, you know nothing Jon Snow.

6 Likes

Well, now you know. :wink:

The rude part for me is that you did not take the time to check to see if @humanissocial is a lady (Mam), or if she is a gentleman (Sir). So, in my mind’s eye, you feel she is not worthy of you calling her by the correct title.

7 Likes

You can’t compare a private owned company to a country.

In your example I honestly think you put yourself in that position. It’s clear to me that you were not trying to hide it that it was a school project, nor it seems like the student was trying to pass your work as her own, but the thing is Fiverr is known for not accepting school assignments of any kind.

If I were to make the decision in name of the company I’d also have ruled against you, not because I think you’re lying or being sneak about it, but why would I (as a company) open a precedent that could make the company liable?

I have passed on quite a few projects because I thought, although they sound legit, it could be perceived a different way.

The way I see it’s a business decision and while I may not agree 100% and it would suck to be on the receiving end of it, I kind of see on why they do it this way.

1 Like